Recent content by sparkwizard

1. sparkwizard

Super bronc 2 ????

I've already cleared out a place for it to live. It will be really happy here, with all of the other hardworking machines and lazy animals.
  2. sparkwizard

Vintage carburetors for sale

I am interested in the pull-choke Pulsa jet. What is the diaphram carb with the plastic cover? Bottom, left corner in 0027 No pay pal?
  3. sparkwizard

Spam: "N300GummiesBuy" Spam keeps returning...

I just ignore the spam new members every morning. Every Sunday, I unignore everybody in my "ignoring" list and I never seen them.
  4. sparkwizard

Replacement for Flo Jet carb

That brass tube in the center of the venturi is called the emulsion tube. It is held in by the main jet. Drilling the jet will allow more fuel. Drilling the emulsion tube is not a good idea. When you see how tiny the hole in the jet is, you'll understand. The emulsion tube mixes air with the...
  5. sparkwizard

How do you configure carb linkage on a briggs 5hp tiller motor for mini bike throttle?

Post a picture. Does it have the gas tank bolted under the carburetor? Is there anything interesting on the bracket under the gas tank?
  6. sparkwizard

If you do not hold the intake valve open, does it open itself to let air and fuel in? I think it should. Like I said before, we stuck a rag in the intake and spun it. I do not recall ever touching the valves while starting the beast.
  7. sparkwizard

When it ran with the Flo jet carb on it, was there any type of throttle response? With a low compression engine and those huge flywheels, it would seem like you would either flood it or just bog really bad when you opened the throttle.
  8. sparkwizard

Predator 301 help with carb

Maybe try sitting the engine in the frame before you modify anything? I had a totally stock 420 on a mini bike for about a week. That was one day to try riding it, three days for my buddies to try , two days to remove it and on the last day, we rested. You might decide a stock 301 is perfect.
  9. sparkwizard

Yes, jets are readily available. A larger jet would allow more fuel in. Have you ever looked into finding an original type mixer?
  10. sparkwizard

Predator 301 help with carb

Stock carbs are great. They are already sized and fitted to the engine. I don't understand the reasoning behind putting a motorcycle carb on a lawnmower engine. I guess I'm just getting old and cheap. I like my engines to start, run reliably and require zero tuning. Now, I will tweak some...
  11. sparkwizard

How to remove rusted forks

Looking good! glad you won that battle. It is too early in the year to be low on cuss words. Can your bank be recharged by going to Church on Sunday?
  12. sparkwizard

tillotson carburetors and popoff gauge for sale

@Ranchand60 , in your other thread, looking for the race exhaust, another member offered several for sale. I bought one from him and I do believe it is exactly what you are looking for. Send a PM to @sonerenos
  13. sparkwizard

@Geo46 , does it act any differently if you do not hold the intake valve open when you spin the flywheel?
  14. sparkwizard

They only have compression sometimes, otherwise, they freewheel with their huge flywheels. If it holds the intake valve open as it freewheels, it would be huffing air in and out of the carburetor.
  15. sparkwizard

Best place to buy wheels

Does it have a scrub brake? Use your ruler again. Measure from the axle hole to the scrub brake. That is the radius or the tire. Multiply that by two. That will be the diameter, or height of the tallest tire you can run. Wheel rim diameter really does not matter. It is the TIRE height that you...