Muskin Cat Eliminator KH200 Brake Bracket Wanted

FunWithStuff

These cats are awesome bikes. why did the kids have to lose all the parts over the years while you getting dimensions do to have the stock chain guide by chance? Maybe you could get me pics like above of all the dimensions it be much appreciated. Anyways I bought a 3d printer my self and been playing with the design. But would be great to have the measurements. Sense OldMiniBikes is also out of stock. Also the bolt holes on the motor.mount plate from center to center. Mine was cut and I've only got one hole left in the plate. Mines the MX duster but figure they are all the same?
The chain guides on these Cats are the same for every model I'm pretty sure so you should just need one model. I know the Duster MX used the same guide as other Cat bikes because I worked on one. These parts were made out of plastic and broke easily many kids back then rode these bikes rough which is why some of the more fragile parts like the guides and chain guards are missing.

Also not to sound rude but you are technically de-railing someone else's WANTED ad. Start your own ad saying you want dimensions for these parts that way this thread can stay focused on helping @Spyder4speed get the brake bracket he needs.

The chain guides on these Cats are the same for every model I'm pretty sure so you should just need one model. I know the Duster MX used the same guide as other Cat bikes because I worked on one. These parts were made out of plastic and broke easily many kids back then rode these bikes rough which is why some of the more fragile parts like the guides and chain guards are missing.

Also not to sound rude but you are technically de-railing someone else's WANTED ad. Start your own ad saying you want dimensions for these parts that way this thread can stay focused on helping @Spyder4speed get the brake bracket he needs.
Sorry I thought you guys figured that out. I didn’t mean do disrespect his post what so ever. Or be disruptive to his post my apologies just forget I said anything. If the mods could pull my comment that be great. I just saw that you did a great job with helping him. and figured I’d ask being I’ve got zero help Elle’s we’re. I must of miss understood I thought he got his brake set up figured out that’s my fault and I’d be upset if some one did that to me also. So again my apologies

Sorry, I don't know anything about 3D printing. However, my other Cat the 400x still has an original plastic chain tensioner on it. I was going to fabricate one using it out of a small block of Nylon or some other hard plastic. I will take it off this weekend and get dimensions, though it does have wear it is still in one piece with the two screws still holding it down.

I will post the dimensions soon.

There may be a guy around here (Detroit area) that has some tensioners, at least that's what I heard. I will check on this and update.

I also think someone out there is making fiberglass chain guards for Cat's, I was going to look into this too. I have a name here somewhere.

Patrick

Last edited:

FunWithStuff

Sorry I thought you guys figured that out. I didn’t mean do disrespect his post what so ever. Or be disruptive to his post my apologies just forget I said anything. If the mods could pull my comment that be great. I just saw that you did a great job with helping him. and figured I’d ask being I’ve got zero help Elle’s we’re. I must of miss understood I thought he got his brake set up figured out that’s my fault and I’d be upset if some one did that to me also. So again my apologies
No worries. Had this thread have been anywhere else like the "Mini Bike Discussion" or the "Strictly US Vintage" section your reply would have been fine but this is the classified section, specifically the WANTED section. Even though it seems like he found his brake bracket he still might need more help. Like I said before you can make your own "WANTED" thread with anything you might be looking for instead of using someone else's, or you could have sent him a direct message instead of posting a reply in the thread for help.

Here are some photos and so-so measurements of an original HPE Muskin Cat Chain guide/tensioner from a 400x. Pease forgive my crude drawings. I guess keep in mind that this piece was badly worn, one side wall is broken off. Surprisingly, it is also hollow, the opening is 5/8" x 5/16", but I would think any repops are, or should be solid.

Small self-tapping bolts were used on mine, not sure of the size, bolt heads are 1/4".

More measurements can be made.

If anyone out there makes them or has NOS I want two, thanks!

IMG_20240511_102107401[1].jpg IMG_20240512_073907491[1].jpg IMG_20240512_073934702[1].jpg
IMG_20240512_073923961[1].jpg
IMG_20240512_081717986[1].jpg