Search results

1. H

Replacement for Flo Jet carb

I wonder if the engine needs to spin faster to start when using a carb.? Maybe spin the engine up to about 700RPM using a 110volt electric motor with some kind of V pulley system.
  2. H

How to remove rusted forks

sparkwizard is right, the hydraulic pressure that the grease gun exerts thru the grease fitting can really put a lot of pressure on the fork. Use a long lever hand grease gun, not the pistol lever type. Let the fork assembly, grease gun, grease tubes all lay out in the hot sun for a couple of...
  3. H

Replacement for Flo Jet carb

I don't see the gas tank in the photos. Is it located higher than the carb? Is there a way to check engine compression? Are the engine's valves free to close all the way and fast enough? Do they get manually lubricated and are they?
  4. H

What is it?

Nice bike! Put an engine on it, add the missing parts and enjoy!
  5. H

Help on Tillotson electric start

Can the engine be turned by hand or with a wrench? Take the spark plug out and see if it cranks.
  6. H

HS40 lighted flywheel

You need to know if the welder is an AC or DC welder.
  7. H

"Pull still works and has compression". You're half way there! What are your plans?
  8. H

Do you know how the bike got so patinaed? At least the chain guard is still there! Great find! Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.
  9. H

Roller on Boise Craigslist

Do you have an engine for it? Do you have other mini bike parts that this bike needs? To me, it's well worth 275.
  10. H

Any way to convert this 3/4 crankshaft?

The easiest way would be to replace the crankshaft with one that has the PTO that you need. You can start looking on line or stop by small engine shops, they may have used engines with a crankshaft that may work. Good luck to you, please let us know how you make out.
  11. H

cl1350rr, That's a good idea, at least the shaft size stays 3/4".
  12. H

If available, you can replace the crankshaft with a conventional PTO end. The only other thing that I can think of is to have the crankshaft machined down to 5/8" with a 3/16" keyway added. If anyone else has an idea or experience, please chime in.
  13. H

HS40 lighted flywheel

sparkwizard, There is a lot of info and possibilities on the website that you provided in post #9. If anyone tries to recharge a weak magnet, please share your experiences, Good or Bad. Thanks.
  14. H

What is the diameter of the thread? What is the diameter of the smooth part of the shaft? What is the overall length of the shaft and length of the threaded section? Is there a keyway and does it run the full length of the shaft and through the threaded section? If there is a keyway, is it...
  15. H

what is this?

For $75, buy it. You won't be sorry.
  16. H

HS 40 throttle arm disconnected

I would start by cleaning the shaft of the remnants of paint, etc. Once you get the arm started on the shaft, you can use a small screw driver and push on the shaft through the rectangle opening on the arm to not allow the shaft to slide back into the engine. If the rectangular opening of the...
  17. H

Vintage frame, need help ID’ing it

Wow nice Bike! Thanks for the great photos. Someone on this sight will probably help ID it. Good luck and please keep us posted on your resto progress.
  18. H

Having carb issues with HS 50 mini bike I just bought.

Take your focus off of the carbs for now. Do as sparkwizard suggests in his post above. Is the gasoline fresh? Is the gas tank mounted high enough for gravity feed?, Gas cap vent hole open?, Does gas flow freely and in volume out of the hose to the carb inlet? Is there a good seal between the...
  19. H

STILL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

I would sell them and state: four larger, heavy duty vintage "mini bikes". Be sure to include lots of good clear photos.
  20. H

Simplex project

Nice find! You sure moving along. Looks real good. Good luck and enjoy!