Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fing banned. Dont come back.

Briggs hop up info needed!!!!

ANY ONE OUT THERE KNOW WHO AND WERE TO GO TO BUY HOP UP PARTS FOR BRIGGS MOTORS????? IN THE CALIFORNIA AREA??? LOOKING TO HOP UP A 3H.P OR 5 H.P ALL HELP WOULD BE VERY HELP FULL!!!

psst wrong section

sshhhhh, and he doesnt like cap locks

Banned
    Who gives a crap? Anyway, go to 4cycle.com. That is a site that you will learn from. Not a site that all you get is smart butt answers. This site is really for beginners. Ya know, Doodle bug stuff, etc., nothing really educational. This is more of a fun site for the uneducated. And yes, before you ask, that's why I check in. I see quite a few questions asked on here that can't/aren't answered with any real knowledge. Anything, and I mean anything, that you ask on 4cycle, you will get an abundance of answers. And if you post in the wrong section, or whatever, it's no problem. EVER. Not everyone on here is stupid. There are 2, maybe 3, that have something informative to say. If anyone is offended, sorry, I'm a dumbass, too. Scott.

Banned
    A 5 hp briggs can be highly modified and you need to look for a Kart motor or barstool racer websight, or ask The Restore Kid ,he is a small engine service tech. and could point you in the right direction I'm sure!

Hangin with Neck and GTO The Restore Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    A 5 hp briggs can be highly modified and you need to look for a Kart motor or barstool racer websight, or ask The Restore Kid ,he is a small engine service tech. and could point you in the right direction I'm sure!
    I couldn't even say out there. You're like 2,000 miles from me. I would think there should be PLENTY of places around you though. Kart shops would have about anything you could want.. But it's going to have a on it.. I have seen kart racers on Evilbay selling old unused or takeout parts from the Raptor engines that you can get very cheap. The flatheads are old news now that you can get the OHV motors.. I'd search around on Evilbay for Raptor and see what you can find. You will also want a better carburetor to feed a high speed big power multi speed engine.. The older briggs flatty pulsajet carbs are JUNK for anything but sitting governed to one speed for mowing grass and splitting wood.. Acceleration, deceleration and high speed performance are about non existent in those carbs. The engine itself is an unbreakable Beast, though...

Banned
    i can help you out with any questions you may have, just shoot me a PM and ill give you my number.

Fing banned. Dont come back.
    HEY BRIGGS BOY AND 5 HORSE FAN THANX FOR THE POST!IM LOOKING TO GO ALL OUT ON A BRIGGS MOTOR...BUT I CARNT MAKE UP MY MIND N A 3 HORSE OR 5 HORSE?? THE MONEY IS NO CONCERN ..the motor will be going in a very early ruttman like a 1964 frame...i like the compact look of the 3 horse ...and the 5 horse looks like alot of engine in the frame?? i was told that i could get 9 horses out of the briggs 3 H.P but it seems you can double that by using a 5 horse??? also is it ok if i use an old 60's briggs or do i need to use a new briggs??? i have a 3 and a 5 H.P briggs i can use??? but in hind sight you can only use so much power....so witch engine do you guys recomend??? i plan to use it on the street as the central california race that is going to be on will only be once in a blue moon...so racing in the dirt wont happen often! really need help from you guys who know what your talking about....also if you list your number ill call you ...thanx luke