Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hangin with Neck and GTO The Restore Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbones View Post
    do you have any close up pics of how you hooked up the throttle on the tec carb on your B&S?
    Uhhh not that I can think of But I will get ya some... Actually I was supposed to write up a (how to) on Tecumseh carbs for ya as well huh? I'm retarded I tell ya.. Yeah PM me so I don't forget again.. It depends on which intake I am using.. The Lawn mower intakes are easiest to work with because you can just run the cable strait off the top of your engine with a piece of angle iron.. The Suicycle has a hole drilled in the intake in a mounting stud where my cable adjuster is. The H tecumseh manifolds are a bit more challenging to deal with.. Those need a little tab that will bolt to the intake..

Actually, I found an adaptor manifold for tec carbs to B&S motors. But, is that just a waste? Sounds like you can makt a tech manifold work.

If you could do a write-up, that would rock

hell I still forgot G-Bones pics and the whole 9 yards... I'm retarded and got stuff going on constantly.. Honestly to make a Tecumseh intake work you have to wobble out the bolt holes... I would say if you can BUY an aftermarket intake MADE for the job like Horstman or something for 10 or 20 bucks do it... usually a built to go to the race track parts work better anyways...

i went to hortsman site and saw intakes but not sure what would work. i had my tec manifold bolted on my B&S. then i was thinking, if i use the tec carb will i only be able to turn the twist grip 1/4 of a turn till its wide open?

Quote Originally Posted by Truckasaurus44 View Post
    Actually, I found an adaptor manifold for tec carbs to B&S motors. But, is that just a waste? Sounds like you can makt a tech manifold work.

If you could do a write-up, that would rock
    well, ya want to use the briggs intake gasket for the intake, that way you can line it up with the bolt holes in the intake manifold to see what material needs trimmed up to make it work best.... You need to trim the holes out a little for best results on either intake manifold you use... I like the Tecumseh H35 intake best I think.. H25 LOOKS the same intake BUT the inside diameter tapers down and restricts flow..

The Tec H35 intake I make a bracket that goes on one of the carb mounting bolts that holds my cable adjuster...

The lawn mower intake on the Suicycle I drilled out one of the posts on top, but since building a bunch have decided that just an angle iron bracket in the top shroud mounting bolt hole works easiest...

Biggest thing is ALWAYS MAKE SURE that the throttle plate can return back after being pulled FULL open..... If you use the wrong hole, pull it too far around on the wrong hole, you can pull the cable BEYOND center and it will cause it to stick wide open...

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make absolutely positive the system will work PERFECTLY before even starting the motor.... Cables will pull hard, throttle plates will roll over center and lock them self open, springs won't be strong enough to pull the throttle system back......

ALWAYS have a kill switch available and working RIGHT BY YOUR HANDS on the handle bars....

basically it's just a matter of look the system over and fabricate what needs to happen...

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by The Restore Kid; 05-18-2010 at 09:12 PM.