Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

briggs 5hp supercharger ideas ?

Well, i got thinking about briggs, more particuraly getting more power out of a small engine, what do you guys think about a SMOG pump hook the pully to a pully on the output shaft of the briggs, then a pipe ( rad hose ? [clamped] ) to the intake of the briggs then hooked up to the SMOG pump to act as a small supercharger ( it revs and forces air in the motor ) maybe like a 7 lb rad cap for a blow off incase the psi gets to high, what do u guys think . ?

Others have tried it. Maybe you'll find some helpful info in these vids.

I wouldn't worry about the pressure getting too high making something like you are talking about. If your using stock engine parts, making some kind of supercharger that would give you a pound or two would probably be good. I would get some type of gauge and hook it up to the intake so you can tell whats going on. Just don't try using a whole second engine as a supercharger like I have seen some people try on you tube, obviously there is going to be way more loss than gain. I was always going to make something up by welding up a centrifugal blower, maybe using some crank seals on the shaft. A roots type supercharger would be too tough to make up with just a welder and hand tools.

Well, im going to try to get 5lbs out of the 5 hp, :) i think it should get interesting i was reading up last night and someones head on a 5hp blew right off.

Smog pumps are inefficient and will not supply shit for boost in a radiator hose. Maybe in a fuel line, but the smog idea is a joke and willnot work. If you want a belt driven supercharger get a small Turbo off an 80's Volvo and replace the ex. side with a pulley. Then run 112 race gas! Orrrr you could get a whippit bottle and nitrous cartridges and I think it could totally be possible to run spray on a small engine. Hotrod magazine put 4 leafblowers on a 84 vette and gained some HP. I bet an electric leafblower on a mini would provide a nice boost.

All of that has been done already.what you would spend on R&D you could buy a bigger motor and still go out to eat.

for some reason I cant see how a turbo built for a car that has roughly 120 hp, would ever work on a 5 hp...doesnt matter what you do to it.

someone needs to man up and make a supercharger with a CNC machine

thatd be sick to see a little briggs with a g-lader on the side

Haha funny you say that because with the right pulley sizes and a blow off valve it will work.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

ive been wanting to do somthing like that for a while, i say try it, ive heard alot of good about the smog pump idea..

even at 100% increase that only 10hp.

You are going to get a bunch telling you to just do it,of course they will have nothing vested in it. I'm all for trying new things but repeating someone else's mistakes is a sign of stupidity, fixing someone's mistakes is genius. research well before starting.