`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk > Doodlebug MiniBikes

Doodlebug MiniBikes Click here for the new Baja Motorsports Forum

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #51 (permalink)

ive got the mbx11, and am in the middle of pulling the stock motor to throw a 212cc in there. just waiting on some parts to come in the mail (clutch, chain cover, etc). ill be using a uni filter and aftermarket pipe, so it should fit beautifully in there.
mrtheandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #52 (permalink)

Yeah brief summation of the posts leaving the drama out. Motovox rep was on here, they have a new model, MBX-11 with a bigger engine, front shocks, under the seat exhaust pipe adjustable handlebars and, read this..."targeted at the first time mini bike rider." There is a member here that has bought one and is putting the 212 predator on it. I hope he documents the re-motor.

Last edited by TomH; 05-20-2012 at 05:21 PM.
TomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erok000 View Post
I wonder if we could take those sprung forks and stick em on a DB?? Are they for sale seperatly?
Back on thread #42 the Motovox rep was talking about selling a rolling chasis. Maybe you can get the front end? If we have someone chime in with some measurements from a new one, that might be a bolt on.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post
Back on thread #42 the Motovox rep was talking about selling a rolling chasis. Maybe you can get the front end? If we have someone chime in with some measurements from a new one, that might be a bolt on.
Ya I was hoping the rep wouldve chimed in with a reply for all to see. I Also PMd the rep and have gotten no response. Maybe some measurements WOULD help us to know better Thats if they are available seperate
Erok000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:00 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomH View Post

Yeah brief summation of the posts leaving the drama out. Motovox rep was on here, they have a new model, MBX-11 with a bigger engine, front shocks, under the seat exhaust pipe adjustable handlebars and, read this..."targeted at the first time mini bike rider." There is a member here that has bought one and is putting the 212 predator on it. I hope he documents the re-motor.
i think this is the thread you are referring to. that is the mbx10. i have the newer mbx11, and will be putting the same 212cc motor in and will document the re-motor. i am not sure about the bigger motor that is supposed to be stock with the mbx11, as mine has the same 2.5hp that the mbx10 has.

i should hopefully get to the motor swap this week as long as my parts arrive soon.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
i think this is the thread you are referring to. that is the mbx10. i have the newer mbx11, and will be putting the same 212cc motor in and will document the re-motor. i am not sure about the bigger motor that is supposed to be stock with the mbx11, as mine has the same 2.5hp that the mbx10 has.

i should hopefully get to the motor swap this week as long as my parts arrive soon.
Good deal. It was you I was talking about. Does your bike have the shocks on the front end and the under seat exhaust pipe? If it has, a few of us were wondering what the distance was on your fork tube from top to bottom. Might be able to retrofit the shock type front end onto the old stye DB30's. Interested in a pic of the exhaust pipe too and of course, the motor swap. I heard the frame is a little larger. Hope it is, tight squeeze with the MBX10.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #57 (permalink)

Yes, it has the shocks in front and underseat exhaust. I'm out of town right now, but I should be home by Tuesday. I can take some measurements and pictures for you db30 folks then.

I did take some measurements of the 212cc and the empty space it is going into in the frame, and it looks like it will fit easier than on the mbx10. I can't say for sure, but it definitely measured like it would fit right in. I have the installation plate, clutch, and clutch cover on order from ProMod. I was going to just bolt it right to the stock mount on the frame, but I want the adjustable slots that the promod plate gives you.

I'll be putting a Uni filter and new jet in, and then adapting the predator exhaust to the stock underseat pipe. once ARC releases their billet flywheel that russell at NR racing says is on the way, then its governor removal, billet rod, cam, and valve springs. the stock pipe on the bike is a larger diameter than even the predators stock exhaust, so even though its around 2 feet long, it should flow fine. im keeping the stock exhaust because it looks sweet and sounds good even with the 2.5hp

Last edited by mrtheandrew; 05-20-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:55 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtheandrew View Post
Yes, it has the shocks in front and underseat exhaust. I'm out of town right now, but I should be home by Tuesday. I can take some measurements and pictures for you db30 folks then.

I did take some measurements of the 212cc and the empty space it is going into in the frame, and it looks like it will fit easier than on the mbx10. I can't say for sure, but it definitely measured like it would fit right in. I have the installation plate, clutch, and clutch cover on order from ProMod. I was going to just bolt it right to the stock mount on the frame, but I want the adjustable slots that the promod plate gives you.

I'll be putting a Uni filter and new jet in, and then adapting the predator exhaust to the stock underseat pipe. once ARC releases their billet flywheel that russell at NR racing says is on the way, then its governor removal, billet rod, cam, and valve springs. the stock pipe on the bike is a larger diameter than even the predators stock exhaust, so even though its around 2 feet long, it should flow fine. im keeping the stock exhaust because it looks sweet and sounds good even with the 2.5hp
I don't think the bolt pattern is the same unless they changed something, you either have to build your own slots or buy the adj. plate. Alright! I was wondering about the pipe, is the muffler built into the pipe?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #59 (permalink)

the bolt pattern for the 2.5hp and predator are different by about 1/4" or so, which is partly why i picked up the adapter plate. If i remember correctly, the muffler is removable at the end, held on by a clamp. even though it is the same bike, mine looks slightly different than this:

i am not sure why it looks slightly different, as i also purchased it at costco, about 3 weeks ago. i cannot find a picture of mine anywhere online right now. maybe i have a newer style than what is shown on their website. same concept though, underseat and center exit. in the link i posted earlier to the thread where a member put a predator in his mbx10, you'll see that he didn't lengthen the chain, which is what caused the modifications to the exhaust and air cleaner. ill be looking to put as much chain as i need to get the motor to sit nicely in the frame. my main goal is to not have to move the rear fender back.

edit: i did find one picture that barely shows the end of the exhaust style i have.

http://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/3016215008.html

maybe motovox can explain the difference in styles.

Last edited by mrtheandrew; 05-21-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:03 PM   #60 (permalink)

Picked up one of the new style MBX11's this past weekend , They just recently became available in our area. We will be looking the new bike over and test fitting some of our products this week.
I will take some pics and try to help out with some more info as well.
ProMod is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk > Doodlebug MiniBikes

Tags
doodle, motovox