Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Predator 212 cc OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

I see HF has two versions of this engine, they are both 212 cc motors, I'm having a hard time finding the difference? wondering which one to buy? could someone lend a hand please..

Thanks for your input..

one has a bunch of crap on it for California Emissions stuff (referred to as CARB) the other does not. If you live in MA, buy the non CARB version.

I posted a thread today about the Predator 212cc. Curious, what is your opinion about the Predator. One person says it's a great product for the price....the other says stay way, way back from the Predator because it's crap. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick2260 View Post
    I posted a thread today about the Predator 212cc. Curious, what is your opinion about the Predator. One person says it's a great product for the price....the other says stay way, way back from the Predator because it's crap. What do you think?
    been running predator 212cc for pass 2 months runs like a champ. tops out around 35-39 back out throttle stop screw . put stronger governor spring on it to go faster . all i need now is brakes then again who needs working brakes?

I just put one on my little mini and it really woke that thing up. Im pretty sure we are a good bit over 40 mph now for sure. Feels like 50 plus. But no way to tell yet in the neighborhood. All I did was remove the throttle stop screw and gap the plug and the little bugger runs like a champ.

I dont have much experience with minis.....but this engine right out of the box hauls ass. If I lean back a little it will wheelie pretty easy. Ive just got a plain ole max power clutch on it too. Best 100 bucks I ever spent!

Thanks for the reply's, great to hear it

I just bought one tonight from HF. I was gonna buy a used gx200 for $200 till I seen this and thought $106 and I can buy a new motor. Now I have $100 for a flywheel and billet rod:-) Maybe put a gx160 head on it. May just put the money toward a torque converter.

Quote Originally Posted by cpu77 View Post
    I just bought one tonight from HF. I was gonna buy a used gx200 for $200 till I seen this and thought $106 and I can buy a new motor. Now I have $100 for a flywheel and billet rod:-) Maybe put a gx160 head on it. May just put the money toward a torque converter.
    I would really like a torque converter also.......But I know where this addiction is leading me I should just buy a complete custom mini that will do 100mph and get it over with.

It would be a lot cheaper than all the little mods and baby steps I know that go with being a speed junkie.

Hi there

I need help with my engine,it is a predator 212cc