Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

West bend 820 on Mini bike

Anyone try mounting a West bend 820 on their Mini Bike? Any stories to share?

I have a Westbend 820 mounted in a Taco22 .It's extremly LOUD and dangerous to start ! I also have a Quarter Horse minibike which has a 820 as its original equiptment .It's alot more civilized to operate than my Taco .

Thanks Tomsprops for your feedback from a fellow Mb'er that has tried this engine. I have a 700 tricked out and wondering if worth to trade up for an 820. I know the 820's are fast- just was looking for feedback on the control. thinking on putting on a azusa frame with jackshaft on vintage asuza wheels. Bill1

Back in the day a buddy of mine had an 820 with 4 carbs on it. He'd go to the local hillclimb and beat most of the full size motorcycles. Only prob was he went thru clutches like crazy.

My Rokon Trail Breaker had the 820 engine, and was rope and kick start. It hurt a lot less kicking that high compression two stroke to life. Steve

I have a couple of Chrysler Snorunners that have a WB820 on them. I have been wanting to mount one of the motors on a minibike for quite some time now, I haven't decided which one yet, either my Stellar or my Simplex Sportsman. I've been looking for a mount, G.E.M. makes one plus a couple of other company's. Problem is that Kart stuff is PRICEY. I have an extra Snorunner engine mount that I could use to make my own.
    I think it will make a great minibike engine. It's factory detuned to about 7HP and with a few mods I can squeeze about 10 out of it. Plus it has a lighting coil to boot. About the biggest problem is that it is a CW spinning motor, so it will be mounted backwards- that is the recoil will be on the left side. A Fairbanks Mores kicker will fit, but a recoil will work too. Can't wait to start it.

Hey I found a photo of my Taco22 in my gallery

Nice taco 22!!!! The WB 820 does looks good and my current 700 is RH DRIVE not a LH like yours which presents some problems because the chain will be so close to the reed header.

I bet your taco 22 flies - speeds at least in the 50's if you dared. Bill1

Mark G - take a look on ebay_ I see them from time to time. I bought a new one for my 580/700 mount for a 50.00 from a guy in oregon- he still shows his offer. Typical kart sytle - i would look for one that has engine bolt slots fore and aft- mine is left to right- just would be eaiser to install- less drilling. Bill1

My arctic cat screamer has the original 820 on it that I rebuilt-pretty wicked animal!! It has a great sound to it!! It should really have a kick start put on it- pull starting it can be dangerous!! I love this thing!!