`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

General MiniBike Talk Talk about all topics regarding Mini Bikes. All Makes, All Models

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

what engine and converter for Tote Gote?

I picked up this Tote Gote (or similar) this last week without an engine or converter and am wondering what would be the best setup to get this thing up and going? I don't mind fabricating to make things work and originality isn't my highest priority at this time. Here are a couple of pics in case it helps figure out what might be most appropriate.

Thanks for the info guys.
flatheadpopup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Welcome Flatheadpopup : Well I don't think it is a Tote Gote but it shares a lot of like features. With the double jack shaft your gearing will be low like a gote , But the slide adjustable v belt pully in the picture I don't think the system used a Torque Converter it may of only had a centrifugal clutch. Better close up pictures of the two jack shafts and the type of brake would help. Looks like a well built machine.
Steve
steven Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Steve. I won't be able to get it out into the sunlight till tomorrow to take closeups but here is another shot I took earlier. I posted in the what is it section but still haven't figured it out for sure. I did, however find one that looks just like it on the net (which I linked to) that has a sticker on the back calling it a "Sportsman 600" for what thats worth.

Better pics in the morning! Thanks all.
Tony
Old 01-10-2010, 02:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

11/30/62 Tote Gote engine. with temp. tank.
george3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sams engine other side.
george3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Nice motor. It it a 6hp? That is an original tote gote clutch, hang onto that.
Richard Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

The tote-goat (or similar) project looks like fun. I like the black B&S motor in the photos, especially the fan shroud w/embossed B&S logo. I really want one of those. Just missed on on e-bay a couple months ago for ten bucks. Dang.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #8 (permalink)

Try the Tote Gote Land site, post some pictures on there, someone may be able to identify it, there also is a page on tote gote frame ID.
fast tote goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Wow, that old Tote Gote engine looks pristine. Thanks for the pics. As far as the Tote Gote Land website I looked at the frame id section but mine doesn't match anything so I am pretty sure it isn't an actual Tote Gote. Here is a link to an identical one I found on the internet...it will be the first in the line of pics.

Pictures by Tule-trooper-tote-gotes - Photobucket

Mine even has a worn/unreadable sticker on the back that mimics the one that says "Sportsman 600" on his. Mine also has side screens that I removed to get a better look at things. I don't however have any bracing that would go alongside the engine but that looks to be removeable on the one pictured.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here are the close up pics of the jackshaft arrangement as requested by Steve.

After cleaning it up a little and squinting just right I was able to make out "Sportsman 300" on the tag...so its not quite the same as the other one I found on the net but definitely the same manufacturer...just wish I new whom that might be?? Thanks again for all the help.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

Tags
converter, engine, gote?, tote