`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

General MiniBike Talk Talk about all topics regarding Mini Bikes. All Makes, All Models

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Trail Sport Buffalo

I scored a Trail Sport 600 Buffalo roller with tav - driver today for $30. Came dressed out with a Harley 12 pack fender rack and a huge headlight, probably a dune buggy type, was missing the fake gas tank though. I have a peanut tank that will fit on it nicely though.

spacecoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

Sorry guy's, I posted this originally in the Craigslist deals section, as I bought it of CL and deemed it a deal. How it ended up here? But since it's here, I'm puzzled by the responses or lack of. I realize it's not a vintage mini but it's an American mini correct? Or have I been misinformed? It seems fairly stout. It came from the factory with a comet tav and 6 hp ohv tec. Anyone own one before? Here's the only info Ive seen on it.

TrailSport Buffalo mini bike

2 other google searches gave me 2 old OMB threads on it stating they where american but not much more info than that. Company is no longer in biz.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Looked at that ad wasnt cheap new ($1695).Seems like you got a real good deal.

Ive got a Baja Heat and the Buffalo looks bigger.It looks to be in good shape too.

Your from the Space Coast and im originally from the Treasure Coast.

Last edited by Richard W.; 04-03-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Richard W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hi Richard, Treasure coast eh? I've done alot of dredge work there. Hopper dredge at jupiter inlet and clam shell dredge work at Stuart. Nice area, enjoyed Jensen, rebuilt Singer Island a couple of times, waste of money. As for a good deal, I didn't get took. The Tav alone was worth the $30. The guy just wanted it out of his garage so his wife could park her Bimmer, his son wouldn't do anything with it. I was surprised no one responded to the ad. Just wish I knew more about the bike. I have a Baja heat roller I bought a while back, $25 Craigslist special, to compare it to. Maybe I'll take pics side by side later for comparison.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

I dunno anything about them, there's on here on the "other" coast of Florida near me though:

Trail Sport Buffalo (mini bike)

Looks like a nice bike, nowhere to use something like that around here really though.
markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Markus, thanks for that link. After finally seeing the other side with the fake tank, now I know why so many don't have the fake tank anymore. That has to be fun filling with gas! So they where produced in Dallas Ga, according to that ad. It's definitely not a street cruiser, but for what I'll be doing with it, it's perfect.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

looks like the purple and black are the newer colors? cool with the small rack mount on top of the rear fender. also newer units have a rectangle headlight? you think your round headlight is correct spacecoast.
we have one for sale on are craigslist.

For Sale- Buffalo Trail Mini Bike.
New, 6 HP engine, torque converter, drum brakes, fat tires. Ready to ride. Excellent condition. $600.00 or make a reasonable offer. (920) 912-1782
Leavev. Message

Mini-Bike Buffalo Trail
delray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

No Del, the light on mine is like one from a dune buggy. Not original, and it's mounted upside down to boot. There is a small weep hole on the top which should be on the bottom. The rack on mine is a small Harley fender rack, not factory to the bike either. Previous owner's custom tweeks. I'm glad mine's not purple, not sure I could handle that. They have a rear band brake btw, that ad is wrong.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

i see that web site you posted, the black bike has a rack on it. your bike with the harley rack not bad either. just the harley davidson on the back needs to go. bike will make a nice project to build.
delray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

The Trailsports are great bikes. I have this model and 3 of the smaller Trailsports. Simple, sturdy, ride very well. You got a hell of a deal.
rpol89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

Tags
buffalo, sport, trail