`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

General MiniBike Talk Talk about all topics regarding Mini Bikes. All Makes, All Models

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tote Goat

What's a normal asking/buying price for a Tote goat? I'm looking at one and I need to know if he's asking too much. I think it is an earlier one because it doesn't have any rear suspension. It is also missing the engine and the meshing on the sides of the frame by the rear tire. Original tires and has the driven part of the torque converter. Not rusted and has the original tag on the front.
jeep4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Being a Tot Gote you need the front half of the clutch as it is speed sensitive unlike the other common converters that are torque sensitive. On a tote gote when you are off the throttle the bike does not free wheel it slows down. I just sold one for $400.00 with a Briggs & Stratton 8 HP engine and it had the Climb-a-Way converter a new tire and all the original side screens. I paid $200.00 for it with a new Champion 6.5 engine that did not fit so the man gave up on the project. Steve
steven Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I picked this one up 2 months ago for $75. Its a model B. The briggs 5 runs great, but all the sprockets/bearings are all shot. Steve is right about the forward half of the "torque converter", if You plan to run the old driven You will need the old driver (on model B's the driven is welded to the primary jack- shaft). When all You have for a rear brake is a fan belt that wraps around a pulley, the ability to engine brake becomes somewhat more important. (pic 2 below sprocket). This one came with a comet driven, that does "function" but not in the same way the old ones did. Check out tote gote land they have a frame identification section...Gote ON!!!

Last edited by drheilman; 06-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
drheilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

I have pictures of the Tote Gote that I had it was a model P and had the front forks that were spring loaded. I know that a Climb-A-Way clutch will be hard to find but the comet 20 series should work because the driven half does most of the special compression braking that makes a tote gote a good load hauler down hill . Mine had the same double jack shaft but had a flat band brake on the first jack shaft. The gote is full of special shafts and bearings so parts will be fun to acquire. Steve
Old 03-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was able to pull out another model B of Mine. This one has the Salsbery driven, I think I got this one for $50 awhile back, the model B's are cheeper than other models, but its hard to find one that is not beat to $hi* ..... Did You Buy the gote??

Last edited by drheilman; 06-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

I haven't bought it yet. And after reading some of these posting I probably won't buy this one. The guy has had it for about 30 years and said he's never riden it. It does have a 3 hp jacobsen lawnmower motor on it. He said that he googled tote gote and came back with the idea that ANY tote gote is nearly worth it's weight in gold. I have since found another that is complete, a different model with a swing arm, and is the same price, $350. I may go look at this one.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

If the one I had was a rear suspension model I would probably still have it . If it is all there it may be worth that much . I would love to find a Nova Model with the shaft drive. Steve
Old 03-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Can you tell what model it is from these pics. This one IS a shaft driven model.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tote gote.jpg (9.5 KB, 225 views)
File Type: jpg tote gote2.jpg (9.0 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg tote gote 1.jpg (7.9 KB, 140 views)
Old 03-16-2008, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Thats a model 680- Nova. I'd give him 350 for it. That one looks CLEAN!
Old 03-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Snap it up in a moment, I would they are the best of all the Tote Gote's
Steve

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk