`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

General MiniBike Talk Talk about all topics regarding Mini Bikes. All Makes, All Models

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

WTB Adult-sized or extra-large Mini-Bike Plans

Hi guys. I'm new to this site, but looks like this is the place to be if I want to learn about Mini-Bikes. I've always wanted a Mini-Bike as a kid, but my parents never had the money to buy me one.

I'm now a school teacher and have a little bit of time and money to put toward this project. I will also be enlisting the help of a couple students that I think need more to do after school than what they are doing now. I've talked with a couple of the shop teachers here at my HS and they are more than willing to help me out with this project. I know have access to all the tools I will need for this project (pipe benders, MIG and TIG welding supplies along with a plasma cutter).

What i'm looking for (to buy) is a set of decent plans for an adult sized mini-bike. I've seen some internet sites that sell larger than normal kits, but I can't afford to purchase these kits or even to have them shipped. I'm looking to build something as big as the mini-bike with the 47inch wheel base from Bad Dog Enterprises. I would like mine to be an on/off road type bike though.

So does anybody know of any plans that I could purchase to build a mini-bike such as this??

Any help would be great!!

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg big mini bike.jpg (21.0 KB, 73 views)
opus44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:57 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus44 View Post
Hi guys. I'm new to this site, but looks like this is the place to be if I want to learn about Mini-Bikes. I've always wanted a Mini-Bike as a kid, but my parents never had the money to buy me one.

I'm now a school teacher and have a little bit of time and money to put toward this project. I will also be enlisting the help of a couple students that I think need more to do after school than what they are doing now. I've talked with a couple of the shop teachers here at my HS and they are more than willing to help me out with this project. I know have access to all the tools I will need for this project (pipe benders, MIG and TIG welding supplies along with a plasma cutter).

What i'm looking for (to buy) is a set of decent plans for an adult sized mini-bike. I've seen some internet sites that sell larger than normal kits, but I can't afford to purchase these kits or even to have them shipped. I'm looking to build something as big as the mini-bike with the 47inch wheel base from Bad Dog Enterprises. I would like mine to be an on/off road type bike though.

So does anybody know of any plans that I could purchase to build a mini-bike such as this??

Any help would be great!!

Thanks
Web search shows some free plans out there. Most of them are old, and you might want to update them, but here's a good one to start with:

Free Mini Bike Plans

Here's 2 on this one, and I've ALWAYS wanted to build the "Popcycle" model myself: Popular Science - Google Books
MikeBear is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Is it possible to get rear wheels and tyres that big for the fat-tire scooter listed on that site?
JAWU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
An OMB original!

Be an adventurist! buy a Baja Warrior for parts and design your own frame off the doners measurements, or mod the Warrior frame and add suspension, or????????
Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWU View Post
Is it possible to get rear wheels and tyres that big for the fat-tire scooter listed on that site?
Sure, the rear tire is an Terra-Tire low pressure atv style, and are still manufactured. McCord Tire Group Terra Tires
MikeBear is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

Tags
extra-large, mini-bike, plans, wtb adult-sized