Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sensation Mfg. alum. wheel sprocket adapter

Does anyone have a picture of the sprocket adapter? I have the Manco one on my Manco wheel. The Sensation one is 3 bolt also but they don't interchange. I may have the adapter here someplace but I'm not sure. I did find both wheels (one beadblasted, with new tire and tube installed), sprockets, bolts, spacers, new box of #35 chain, axles, etc... I hit the jackpot. If I could see a picture, it might ring a bell and that would be great! Tim.

what do you mean when you say 'sproket adapter'...? i have a mike bike... but i cant figure out how to post pictures... lol

The piece I'm talking about is what bolts between the sprocket and a Sensation Mfg. wheel like I have pictured here first.

This one is the Manco adapter. (I borrowed this picture from the internet- hope nobody minds.)

from what ive seen on my wheel (sensation mike bike wheel) is that all they use are longer bolts. notice the three bolts, well the sproket has three holes that align with those bolt holes, and a longer set of bolts are used to lock down the sproket. what you have there is a front wheel since the bolts are only long enough to hold the two sides of the rim together. make sense? if not i will take the time to upload some photos of my tire.

Well, my second picture (Manco) disappeared. The Sensation pic (the one that's still there) is the important one. Tim.

The sprocket fits on the hub of the casting and is held in place with spacers behind the sprocket to take up the space. There is no adapter..

JJ

The ONLY sprocket spacers I've ever seen are these:

Left/Manco, Right/Clark, Bottom/Azusa.

Thank you all! "aceofsp8des", don't go to any trouble about a pic. Tell me, does the inside hole on the sprocket fit on the shoulder of the wheel just outside the wheel bearing surface and it bolts down tight on it? If so, I completely understand. It's been so long since I disassembled the minibike and stored it, I can't remember about the sprocket/wheels. I may have to build some kind of "adapter" anyway because I don't think any of my new sprockets fit the way I described. All my old sprockets were worn out and got scrapped. Thank you again for your help! Tim.

redclayhd, i will take it apart tomorow and post some pictures (if possible) dont worry, i was meaning to take the engine off to clean it up, (oil leak, loose oil cap ) and taking apart the tire wont be a hassle for me, i love spending time in my shop!

"Shop" I envy you. We moved back to our farm about 5 years ago and I still don't have a shop. My brother has a 50' by 70' shop, 200 yards from my house. I can use it and anything in it for free, anytime, without asking. It still costs too much. When I'm there he "noses" in my business. It's not a casual "whatch' workin' on"? It's hard to explain on the computer without typing 10 volumns worth. One example- I have a small Lincoln wire feed welder. I kept it and used it in his shop welding for both him and me. He was doing some work on his shop and told me the welder was in his way. Don't just move it to the other side of the shop, but move it elsewhere on the farm. The shop is 50' by 70', the welder is 18" long, 15" tall and 12" wide. He's pushing 70 years old and kind of "eccentric". I'll just work on my stuff in the yard. Sorry to throw in all this drama, but "shop" is a hot subject at my place. My lack of a shop is why it's so hard for me to get all my minibike and go kart stuff taken care of. I'll still go use my brother's bead blasting cabinet and drill press regularly- I'm not stupid. BTW, my drill press is twice the size of his, but in storage. Anyway, the pics will be greatly appreciated. Tim.