`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

General MiniBike Talk Talk about all topics regarding Mini Bikes. All Makes, All Models

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sears runabout.

I just picked up a Sears runabout( I think), model Number 131.80713. Any information would be helpfull. It is in very nice shape. Has what appears to be original seat tires motor etc, and it runs.I would like to know how old it is.It appears it had a rear fender at one time. I need a gas tank, rear fender and a pad for the break pedal. Thanks Joe.
hotrodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sears is not willing to help with any information so pictures will help others help you . No pictures in your file. I have a sears mini but ran into a brick wall trying to get help from Sears catalog information.
Steve
steven Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Post a pic of what you have. Here's a link to a Sears brochure. It looks like the Runabout came without fenders, but they may have been available as an option.SEARS MINIBIKE BROCHURE
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys. It is defintily a runabout. The pictures on the brochure confirmed that.Mine is orange rather than red. could be a different year. Also the seat is like the one on the 2speed shown above.The more I disassemble the bike,the nicer it is. Only surface rust. Originan seat is very nice.Just a ton of oil and grease.I could just degrease it and use it as a "barn find", but I think I'll restore it. Needs bearings etc. and grips, throttle, and foot peg rubber. I have already located most parts except for rubber pad on brake pedal. If things go right I should have it ready for the Ann Arbor show. I'm about 3 hrs. away. I'll get some pictures up soon. Thanks again Joe
hotrodjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sears Spoked wheel mini bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimh View Post
Post a pic of what you have. Here's a link to a Sears brochure. It looks like the Runabout came without fenders, but they may have been available as an option.SEARS MINIBIKE BROCHURE
Jim : The one I bought up in Hood River is just like the one in the pictures of the Owners manual. Sears have the parts list in their on-line center but no longer sell the manual and would not sell a copy of it. So far I haven't found other pictures of their mini bikes even was looking in Christmas time catalogs for better pictures of this almost Rupp Style mini bike with it's big spoked wheels and slanted engine . This frame has a foot controlled rear brake ,I bought it because it came with a new Comet TAV had to drive 110 miles round trip, but any trip up the Columbia River Gorge is a beautiful ride spring summer or fall and breathtaking in winter.
Steve
steven Durham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Steve, I always thought maybe Manco made those. This is just a guess, but the only other minis I've ever seen with the holey (not holy) gussets on the frame were Mancos. There's a couple of small holey gusseted Mancos in the photos. Maybe you could send Manco a picture of your bike and the owners manual, and they could tell you. I'd kind of like to know myself, so if you find out let me know.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > General MiniBike Talk

Tags
runabout., sears