`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Engines and Modifications > Honda / Clone / Predator Engines

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

18cc head vs.14cc head

which head flows better and make the most power An if I do get a 18cc what is the most I can mill it will a flat top piston before I fun in to clearance issues
boogyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

14cc vs. 18cc head

should I go with a 14cc head or 18cc, and why? I keep looking on agk site and shane Loves those 14cc heads, But Russ at Nr says a 18cc head makes more power and flows betterWhat is you take on this,and let say both heads are just bolted on,no milling of porting. Then if you ported and milled
Old 07-19-2009, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

had the same issue you know depends who you talk to. things to consider also are coil bind and valvetrain geometry? these were just a couple issues that came up.

Last edited by olajoe808; 07-19-2009 at 10:49 AM.
olajoe808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
TT
Banned

This is 1 very good topic and I have asked myself and other's the same thing.

Russ has the milling machine and the flow bench.

As far as I know Shane likes the smaller combustion head 14cc and does not port the heads. He does get them milled. I may be incorrect? However, when I purchase the new motor I have chosen Russ to do the work. If the fuel is gasoline the compression does not need to be 12.5-1 ---- if it is Alcohol it may need the additional compression and smaller head.

I am spending my money on the 18cc head that comes with the motor and porting and milling and going with gasoline. The package is $1300 sending out my gx-200 to Russ and will eliminate a 18K Gold date quickset Rolex watch with an black aligator band this week to do the hop up. Charles and I went over this. I do not want the clear buring fuel anywhere near my balls. If it were a go kart engine I would go alcohol and 14cc milled and ported. It comes down to how much you like your balls....lol

great question
Rolex perfect paid $3200- cash and very rare in 8.5 of 10 condition. It's an over 40 watch it's not for the 25 year old wearer... I have two others ones to keep! PM me if your want the best...or email flatlinefilmsllc@aol.com/

It would take a year to find a soild gold non-day 18K quickset again. It is grandfather owned and perfect.... Now it's a new motor!

TT OUT!
TT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)

heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoterminator View Post
This is 1 very good topic and I have asked myself and other's the same thing.

Russ has the milling machine and the flow bench.

As far as I know Shane likes the smaller combustion head 14cc and does not port the heads. He does get them milled. I may be incorrect? However, when I purchase the new motor I have chosen Russ to do the work. If the fuel is gasoline the compression does not need to be 12.5-1 ---- if it is Alcohol it may need the additional compression and smaller head.

I am spending my money on the 18cc head that comes with the motor and porting and milling and going with gasoline. The package is $1300 sending out my gx-200 to Russ and will eliminate a 18K Gold date quickset Rolex watch with an black aligator band this week to do the hop up. Charles and I went over this. I do not want the clear buring fuel anywhere near my balls. If it were a go kart engine I would go alcohol and 14cc milled and ported. It comes down to how much you like your balls....lol

great question
Rolex perfect paid $3200- cash and very rare in 8.5 of 10 condition. It's an over 40 watch it's not for the 25 year old wearer... I have two others ones to keep! PM me if your want the best...or email flatlinefilmsllc@aol.com/

It would take a year to find a soild gold non-day 18K quickset again. It is grandfather owned and perfect.... Now it's a new motor!

TT OUT!

Shane also, has a ported and milled 14cc head, That is why I am stuck I can get 110 oct all day long here in Michigan, it is at at every other gas station. When I talked to shane He did say the 14cc flowed real good. I have no clue what to do I will wait for mdb to step in. I want that high compression for that down low grunt, and also want to make about 15 hp. we will see, also you are right Shane has his in a kart,we are using minibikes I need more in for lets keep the topic alive
Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

speaking of hp, have you checked into parsons racing. u know they have some nice looking race builds pushing 20-38hp looks ready to go.
olajoe808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #7 (permalink)
TT
Banned

15 HP?

The nr-racing extreme modified hit's 20hp.

Shane is a great guy. I admire his talents and business practices, I have purchased many items from him, he is very helpful and his web site is the bomb with simplified directions.

Charles will ride my mini this week, maybe speed test it stock as is, then the engine comes out. He knows HP. That is why I gave him a 6.5 hp nib for advice, pretty cool dude. He is alway ready to step up and help.

TT

Go for the extreme mod with the 1.2 rolling rockers and be done with it! 20 hp w/ $100 clutch from Titan.....I don't know Russ very well except he is well respected in the industry.!! $1500.00 with a gx-200 motor $1300 your motor......

I am confused too. Not about motors, only females..
Old 07-19-2009, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

So I should run the 14cc head? Also I females, that advice I can give you. Just ask
Old 07-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Supporting Speed Nut!

If the heads are box stock the heads flow the same. If you add bigger valves and do nothing else the 18cc head flows more. The bigger valves will has slight flow blockage, which in turn you see people say that they unshroud the valves. To unshroud the valves is just making the area around the valves unblocked to let the air/fuel mixer that's trying to get around the valve head get into the combustion chamber better.

If you are plan on modifying the head at all the 14cc head is best. You can unshroud it and end up with 16cc, even with the biggest valves you can put in it. With the bigger 18cc head with those same big valves you will walso have to unshroud the head, so you will end up with a 20cc head. Or if you just go a little bigger on the valves you will still be at 18cc.

These are two seperate 14cc head with very big valves in it. 31mm intake 27mm exhaust, the top head isn't unshrouded yet, and the bottom head is unshrouded a lot. The bottom head is now 18cc, but flos way better than if i started with a original 18cc head. Look at the difference. With this size valves all heads, even the bigger 22cc head has to be unshrouded.

Last edited by minidragbike; 07-19-2009 at 02:41 PM.
minidragbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
TT
Banned

See the man knows, I am going 14cc shrowded. The valves look closer. That is all I know. It's MDBs call on this one... Settled.. Smaller head has bigger power. Shane was right all along.. Trained by MDB...lol all the way to the track!!!!

On the way back to CC...

TT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Engines and Modifications > Honda / Clone / Predator Engines

Tags
18cc, head, vs.14cc