`
OldMiniBikes.com Home Page Vintage Mini Bike Forum Vintage Mini Bike Pictures
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Engines and Modifications > Honda / Clone / Predator Engines

Become a Supporting Member of OldMiniBikes.com today and enjoy less advertisements, unlimited photo hosting, and many other benefits listed on this page. Supporting Memberships help pay for bandwidth costs, software upgrades and the time that goes into this site.

Old 09-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Honda G100 Governor?

Hello, been a while since I've posted, but I've come across a good little lawn edger that has the Honda 2.2HP G100 motor on it. It's having a hard time idling and accelerating. I've cleaned the carb, adjusted the air/fuel mixture checked for vacuum leaks. The only thing I can think is that the PO has pulled the governor arm off the shaft and possibly reinstalled it with the shaft turned in the wrong direction. I've searched and cannot find the proper positioning of this shaft. Any Honda pros out there? This thing looks brand new and I'd like to see about getting it running! Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg honda edger,tiller 001.jpg (1.91 MB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg honda edger,tiller 003.jpg (1.98 MB, 38 views)
matstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Push the governor lever all the way to either direction (full throttle or full idle) and turn the governor shaft fully to that same direction.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

You loosen the governor arm and move it to the full throttle position, then you rotate the governor shaft the same direction til it stops, then without disturbing this position you retighten the pinch bolt. In your second picture I noticed that the pinch bolt is missing. Did you remove it or was it not there? If it's missing then I'd say that's definately your problem.

Last edited by Motra; 09-13-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Motra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motra View Post
You loosen the governor arm and move it to the full throttle position, then you rotate the governor shaft the same direction til it stops, then without disturbing this position you retighten the pinch bolt. In your second picture I noticed that the pinch bolt is missing. Did you remove it or was it not there? If it's missing then I'd say that's definately your problem.
No it's there, just wasn't installed in the pic. If you look close you can see the bolt sitting in the bottom tray of the edger! Thanks for the response!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Just wanted to update the progress on this edger. It almost got the best of me, but I decided one last resort was to just do a visual on everything I could. I removed the head and was it black! Running very rich! I could see on the head where the valve had been hitting, so this led me to think there was something wrong with the valve. I removed the 'valve service' plate and there it was...the valve spring retainer had come loose. Reinstalled everything correctly, cleaned the head and it fired right up and runs...like a Honda!
Old 10-24-2009, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

hahaha good job man honda is one of da best
milo raptors is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   OldMiniBikes.com Forum > General > Engines and Modifications > Honda / Clone / Predator Engines

Tags
g100, governor?, honda