Recent content by 408mini

1. 4

Predator 212 cam/rod knock?

just did an oil change before I took it apart, average amount of metal that you see in these engines, no huge chunks in the oil
  2. 4

Just got the engine running, carb isn’t tuned or jetted yet but the clicking is harder to hear while it runs. its the first time for me hearing it run with a pulse pump so the sounds are hard to make out. Video 3
  3. 4

Follow up post, everything is back together and torqued down but still a audible clicking noise from the engine Video 2
  4. 4

Having trouble with this predator 212 I “built” it has a billet rod, stock cam, 22lb springs, ported and polished head, aluminum 1/4 pushrods and a 28mm chikuni carb. It’s always had problems with shearing keys and I ordered a new crank because the last time it sheared the key it damaged the...
  5. 4

PWK 28 was running rich and now won't run

yeah i lapped it properly, it was the aftermarket key i got that failed, it was one of those offset keys instead of a shaved key so it snapped at the thinner joining point
  6. 4

Yep, just took the flywheel off and the advanced timing key I got snapped in two Crank is shot so I ordered a new one. I’ll give an update when I reinstall it
  7. 4

ill see if it has, it has problems with timing earlier but i fixed it with a new key and flywheel (or so i thought)
  8. 4

I’m running an open header, and not sure what jet came original but I’m pretty sure it was a #110 I just replaced the plug and it still doesn’t want to turn over. Carb is also backfiring on occasion picture of old “cleaned” spark plug:
  9. 4

ill try that out and let you know
  10. 4

im running a predator 212 with a billet rod, flat top piston, new spark plug, 10krpm flywheel, and an amazon special pwk 28. just got it on after installing a #115 main and #38 pilot it was running really rich but running and i took it for a test ride and it ran "fine" Came back to it the next...
  11. 4

any z50r engine swap recommendations?

sounds good, ill look into it
  12. 4

any z50r engine swap recommendations?

I have a 1991 z50r that's been sitting for a long time that im trying to get back in working order, planning on taking it to a technician but if the quote is more than a swap im just planning on swapping it. any tips on getting it running myself / engines that are pretty easy to swap?