Recent content by ajd

1. A

Want Aluminum fly wheel for honda clone jiangdong 5.5 hp

I would like to buy an aluminum fly wheel for honda clone jiangdong 5.5 hp, Thanks
  2. A

Side cover gasket on clone and torque

just to follow up... i purchased the ebay gasket kit and it was too thin. i went to my local auto parts store and looked at their gasket material. i bought the thickest one and used the ebay one as a template. then i put my homemade one on and it worked flawlessly! the thicker gasket was just...
  3. A

Revving issues with 5.5 jiangdong clone

yes... eventually i did!
  4. A

Thanks for the information. Does any one know where i can get a replacement gasket for the jiangdong 5.5 hp clone. I have not found a good place to get it yet. Thanks
  5. A

Ok cool. I was hoping it would be that easy!
  6. A

I opened the crank case cover, did some governor work and had to replace the dry rotted original paper gasket. I tried the permatex gasket, the black type for oil. Now when i torque the bolts down the engine will barely turn over... i think maybe the original gasket was thicker than the permatex...
  7. A

honda clone 5.5 jiangdong hop up parts

that came out great!
  8. A

ok , i took the bottom cover off and noticed the little white nipple looking thing from the governor on the bottom. I put it back where it belongs... so i guess the engine was functioning without the governor for this reason. Now my question is on the correct way to setup the governor arm. I was...
  9. A

ok, when i hold the governor arm all the way to the right the engine goes back to idle, as soon as i let it go it revs out of control. i am guessing the previous owner removed the governor and did not tell me... i am going to see how i can set the old governor arm up so i can get it to return to...
  10. A

honda clone 5.5 jiangdong hop up parts

i want hop up parts for the honda clone. i have a jiangdong 5.5 hp. it is stock except the governor was removed from inside and the throttle linkage and governor arm were left behind. I am looking for headers/ intake, and throttle hookups/plate. let me know what you have for sale. thx
  11. A

wanted: a new or used billet arc aluminum flywheel for honda clone

I need an aluminum billet/ arc flywheel that will work for my jiangdong 5.5 hp clone. Please post a pic for me so i can see it.
  12. A

would you be willing to take a pic of your setup for me to see?
  13. A

when i adjusted the governor i turned it clockwise (to the right all the way) this is correct right... at one point i felt it slightly hitting possibly the crankshaft? make any sense?
  14. A

does the breather tube have anything to do with air leaks because mine is cracked real bad... and just spray around the gaskets and see if the engine revs when i spray there? thx
  15. A

Quick throttle question

cool how did you mount the engine to make it an outboard? thats so cool