Recent content by Azuslow

1. A

Quest for speed

I've seen quite a bit of people eliminating the gov and oil sensor and using bolts and washers to seal these holes. Why not just tap and run a bolt with thread sealant? I sure don't want a bolt or nut falling into a crankcase.
  2. A

Wiseco Billet Flat top Piston

I bought this for my predator 212 not realizing it has a different size wrist pin. Brand new in the box. Can still be used in a predator just needs a rod with a .490 wrist pin $90 shipped OBO, Piston Forged, 2.756, Wiseco for PREDATOR Dia 2.756 Comp Height .640 Uses .490 Wrist pin...
  3. A

Quest for speed

I've read posts about Azusa wheels being wobbly and such. I've had no wobbles or shakes out of mine up to 60 so far. They run true and are very smooth. I've contemplated replacing the wheel hardware with grade 8 stuff as the factory bolts did seem kinda cheap. That and a good balancing they...
  4. A

Max torque clutches

Mine has a "4", its a .75" shaft clutch.
  5. A

Quest for speed

I will need to upgrade my exhaust as well to take advantage of a larger carb. I'm already over my initial projected budget so I'm going to see what it will do with this setup. Also as much as I'd like to go all out with everything. I'm limited to running this on public roads. The speeds ill...
  6. A

Quest for speed

As with everything it could be better but its a vast improvement over stock.
  7. A

Quest for speed

Moving forward a little. I purchased the wrong flat top piston for the +40 rod I bought. And I still need to cut and ream the head for the SS valves, and port match the carb adapter. Should see a healthy 8-9hp with this setup. I'm going to try and make some engine brace plates to support the jug...
  8. A

chop shop project

Just went through this whole thread, really diggin your build man. Before even seeing this I had pictured doing this to some frame in the future. Well done with how its turning out. Todd
  9. A

Quest for speed

Thanks for the insight, ill go with the 40.
  10. A

Rejetting stock carb for use with aftermarket air filter

Mine runs great with just the air filter, exhaust, 37 jet, emulsion tube.
  11. A

Can't un drill a jet if it ran better before you drilled it out though.
  12. A

Bicycles VS Mini bikes

My thought on the subject about licensing also. Once its registered as a legal "moped". What is to stop you from speeding it up with a larger engine. How many police officers know the CC's of lawnmower engines. Also on the subject as, must be licensed and registered as a motorcycle. Could I...
  13. A

Bicycles VS Mini bikes

I know every state has its own rules and regulations but please share your methods and success please. Todd
  14. A

Not true, same thing happened to me. A 36 jet is recommended by other forum members to me for just air filter change. OldMiniBikes sells the 36, 37 jet emulsion tube combo in case you want to try the 37 too.
  15. A

Quest for speed

Ok, I didn't trust my previous measuring. Holding feeler gauges while holding a file, which also looks like it might have a slight curve, while turning the crank. I didn't trust my numbers. I bought some batteries for my caliper. Looks like the closer, to real number is .052 "in the hole" I...