Recent content by brunson67

1. B

Disc Brake ideas

Okay, so I checked out the Napa caliper, looks perfect. I found some information on mounting the caliper to the Jackshaft, what are your thoughts on that? Also, I have built a few custom Harley Bobbers, what about making a caliper hanger that attaches to the rear axle, then uses a linkage arm to...
  2. B

Disc Brake ideas

Hello, I was wondering if there are any posts on disc brakes that you guys have done for the rear axle set up. I'm wanting to add a simple rear disc brake set up, and need some ideas. Not afraid of some fabrication, machining, etc. Thanks!
  3. B

Help, need Briggs and Stratton Repair Manual for Flat Head 3 HP

Can anybody point me in the direction for a Briggs repair manual? Something to help me repair, rebuild the engine, etc. ? I have a 1966 Briggs 3 HP Thanks, Rob
  4. B

1966 Briggs 3 HP help

Hello, still working on the 1966 Taco Burrito. Ran into a snag with the original Briggs 3 HP. 1. New Champion Plug gapped to .030" 2. New Electronic ignition with .010" air gap set 3. Carb rebuilt 4. Tank was de-scaled 5. New 30 wt oil The engine fired up, idled, was responsive...
  5. B

1966 Taco Burrito gearing help

I'm doing a fairly accurate restoration, sometime in its early glory added a Jackshaft kit. I decided to leave since it had been upgraded do long ago. How do I post pictures?
  6. B

1966 Taco Burrito gearing help

This is my first Mini Bike restoration. I'm restoring this for the owner of the company I work for as a Christmas gift as a way of saying thanks, and to take him back to his child hood of riding his Mini Bike. I need some help on selecting the proper input and output jackshaft sprockets...
  7. B

1966 Briggs kill switch help

Hello, I need some help on how to wire up a kill switch on a 1966 Briggs 3 HP. I'm mounting the switch to the bars.
  8. B

1966 Taco restoration, Briggs throttle cable help

Thanks for the response, I found one on ebay and ordered it, looks it will work perfect. Yeah, it had a return spring on it, hooked to a tab off of the carb. I'll just re use this set up, seems to work okay. Now the darn thing won't start unless I pour fuel down the carb!
  9. B

1966 Taco restoration, Briggs throttle cable help

Hello, first post here. I'm restoring a 1966 Taco Burrito. I need help with what I need to hook up the throttle cable to the carb linkage. The cable housing is clamped to the carb, but how do I hook up the actual cable? Thanks!