Recent content by cudaman

1. cudaman

WTB PMR jackshaft kit for Warrior 165/200

Thanks for the response 174...I'll have to look into that.
  2. cudaman

WTB PMR jackshaft kit for Warrior 165/200

Title says it all, daughter is building a warrior and we can no longer find a PMR jackshaft kit for the warrior 165/200. If you have one you would like to sell LMK, looking too for a PMR header kit that clears the frame like they used to sell. The kit chains don't matter we can make those if...
  3. cudaman

Looking for correct HF 6.5 Greyhound gaskets

Thanks all...ended up just using RTV, but I really wish vendors would specify differences in gaskets in blue clones when listing them, being they are not all honda 200 'clones' as we are led to believe...and not everyone is an expert in clone year differences being there is way more than one...
  4. cudaman

Looking for correct HF 6.5 Greyhound gaskets

I ordered a set of gaskets for a greyhound HF 6.5 (about 7 year old blue clone greyhound) and found they didn't fit both the side crankcase (see pic) and valve cover (mine has 5 bolts (set for 200cc Honda clone has 4 bolts). The set I ordered was listed as a gasket set for the 196-212 cc engine...
  5. cudaman

Baja Warrior lighting coil on blue clone engine.

ok I'll have give it a try when I get a chance...thanks.
  6. cudaman

Baja Warrior lighting coil on blue clone engine.

I just picked up an old Baja warrior with a tired motor for my daughter. We just got a warrior promod jackshaft kit, header, cone filter, etc. We have a new spare blue clone motor and we are planning to drop it in the warrior. My question is (have not taken the warrior apart yet) will the...
  7. cudaman

RTC-2 or RTC-8 head?

Cool, so I'll keep the new head. Thanks for the info.
  8. cudaman

RTC-2 or RTC-8 head?

I just got a new predator motor (non hemi) to replace an old one. The old one has a RTC-2 marked head and the new one has a RTC-8 marked head. Would the RTC-2 be any better than the 8? We plan to add 18# springs and a mild cam, header and cone filter. Just wondering if any gains would be made...
  9. cudaman

preditor crank bearings and end play

My predator 212 has so much crank end play that the flywheel fins are hitting the cover bolts. I want to replace the bearings. Does anyone know the size of bearings needed for a first generation non-hemi 212? https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/Crank-Bearing-ID-_875-OD-_2_048-Width-_500.html or...
  10. cudaman

Old Style Baja Dirt Bug with Predator 6.5 engine breaking clutch sprocket teeth off.

Take the chain off and try putting a straight edge on the outside of the rear sprocket, clamp it with a C-clamp. Something like a metal carpenter's square works good for this. The outside of both sprockets should line up.
  11. cudaman

I think my block is cracked

They look like casting marks to me. All you need to do to tell for sure is try polishing a section and see if it polishes out. Take some finer grade sand paper or a dremel and go over a section. if it dissappears -casting mark, if it stays even after removing the rough surface, then its cracked.
  12. cudaman

Check this WWII mini out

WWII US army airborne 1944 M53 motor scooter. "The Cushman Motor Works designed the Model 53 Airborne Scooter to be airdropped by parachute or carried by glider." I had no idea they actually used these in WWII. Check out the pics and video....cool. I happen to collect firearms and WWII...
  13. cudaman

baja mb 200

They are a lot of fun. I'm 48 and ride a DB30 with a modded clone. Built one for my daughter and wife as well. We do both trail and back road riding. The cool thing is with these is, even though they aren't the greatest in mud off road, if you do get bogged down they are light weight enough you...
  14. cudaman

Clone Throttle Spring Addition

Yup, On all 3 of my clones I ditched that puny spring it came with and added a real return spring. I drilled a small hole on the levers and attached the other end to the fan openings. I used old automotive carb lever return springs which work really good. Light yet strong, same as a gas peddle...
  15. cudaman

97cc, I love it

I agree with the fact that a 6.5 is not the answer for everyone. When my daughter was starting to ride I would not have wanted her to jump on one of my clone powered DB's. I kept the 2.8 in her DB and modded it with a jackshaft, carb kit, opened the muffler, a heavier clutch spring, etc, and it...