Recent content by hefferzon

1. H

shaky 5hp flat head

Well, that was surely not my intention when I weldet it up:smile: I mounted vibration dampers under the bedplate today and the they did their job fairly well when it comes to the vibrations. But as you mentioned I got some hassle with alignment. Not that the chain flew of or anything but the...
  2. H

shaky 5hp flat head

Yepp. I had no higher expectations on that test, but it was what I had at hand. I will try vibration dampers as soon as I get some, to see if it gets any better. I start to suspect the frame construction, mostly consisting of flat bar and L-profile. Maybe it's more prone to vibrate than a...
  3. H

shaky 5hp flat head

No crank wobble. I also tested revving the engine with the TC removed, having the same vibration at the same rpm.
  4. H

shaky 5hp flat head

I started out with the motor bolted right on the frame, then mounted rubber washers between motor plate and frame with no difference noticed.
  5. H

shaky 5hp flat head

Hello. I got a 5 hp flat head mounted on my Cushman airborne build. Just got the throttle wire and brake working the other day and took the first test drive only to discover a terrible vibration in the handlebars at mid rpm. At idle and higher revs it's fine but the mids are not fun. The briggs...
  6. H

Proper gear ratio?

Yes. eBay is a good source for smaller items. But for let's say 25$ tire, the shipping is 45$.
  7. H

Proper gear ratio?

Yes, a 5hp is certainly a better choise. I got one of those 5hp I/C from a leaf blower a some time ago, but it's dedicated for a Cushman airborne "look alike" kind of thing that I'm building from scratch. The 2hp was just something that I got real cheap and now trying to find a use for...
  8. H

Proper gear ratio?

Problem is I live in Sweden and here minibikes are more or less non existing. Shipping + tax/customs for an old frame to Sweden will be expensive. I know those cheap bearings are crap, but they are easily swapped out for quality ones as they are standard metric size. The hubs are another story...
  9. H

Proper gear ratio?

They are kind of rounded unfortunately. They are for use on small wagons I think.
  10. Jula wheel

Jula wheel

11. H

Proper gear ratio?

The tires are 10" diameter, so they are just 2.5" bigger than a 60T sprocket, whitch leavs me with just above 1" ground clearence from the sprocket. That may be a problem, I don't know..
  12. H

Proper gear ratio?

Ok, thanks. I found 4" whells that are approx 10" diameter in total(including tires). Will these work with a 60T sprocket and no jackshaft? According to my calculations I will get a speed of around 16 mph at 3000 rpm. By the way how much will these small briggs rev?
  13. H

Proper gear ratio?

Hello. I recently bought an old (1968) 2 hp flat head Briggs on a local swap meet. It seems to be in good shape except for the gas tank, which has seen better days. Now I'd like to build something fun with it and I thought of a minibike. I don't know if the 2hp is strong enough though, what...