Recent content by John S

1. J

Lil Indian For Sale

Selling my Lil Indian now that its done. It's a fun ride and fast! I like bringing them back to life so time to move on to my next "patient." Will consider offers. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112989020762?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
  2. J

Detailed Rebuild How-to: Briggs 3hp Cousins

The paint looks nice! Are you using rattle can?
  3. J

Painting my old Briggs engine

Wow! That is one heck of a tutorial!!! Thanks very much for pointing it out to me! Hope your surgery went well:thumbsup:
  4. J

Thanks for the reply! I just noticed the "similar threads..."thing at the bottom of the page, and there is a bunch of great information about painting engines, so I think my questions have been answered!
  5. J

I need some help from the pros here on OldMiniBikes! How clean do you need to get an engine before painting? I know the cleaner/smoother then the better the final finish, but do you need to take off ALL the old paint? What's the best method? chemical? wire brush? drill attachment? Thanks for...
  6. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

Thanks bpoirier! I just sent you a message.
  7. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

The engine that came with it is a Tecumseh and I'm using a B&S, so no extra B&S engine around.
  8. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

No Problem! :thumbsup:
  9. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

Yes, I thought about that. Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to keep it as original as possible.
  10. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

That's a brilliant idea! I'll take a look at that. Thanks!
  11. J

Extending a Crankshaft?

So still working on my 1966 Lil Indian. Several months ago I found a age appropriate B&S 5hp engine. I was thrilled! Fast forward to this week when I was getting it ready for installation... the crankshaft that extends from the engine on which the clutch mounts is only 1 1/4" long... not 2+"...
  12. J

"Lil Indian" painted on the back of the seat.

Interesting...Thanks!
  13. J

"Lil Indian" painted on the back of the seat.

There is a Lil Indian minibike currently on Ebay that has "Lil Indian" painted on the back of the seat. Was this common practice? Vintage Used Lil Indian Minibike Late 1960's Lil Indian Ruttman Bonanza Fox | eBay
  14. J

Removing Old Tires from 2 Piece Rims Help Please!

So I took a "Tim the Tool Man" approach...more power! The first thing I did was cut away the tire itself with a sawzall (argh! argh! argh!) This left me with the bead remnant of the tire still stuck to the rim. I then took another power tool (argh! argh! argh!) and ground down the...