Recent content by jon321

1. jon321

Any tips on removing the bearing races from a freshly painted CT70?

Any tips or pointers on removing the steering bearing races without damaging the paint? I forgot to take them out when I was dismantling the forks on the bike .
  2. jon321

Well finally added some decals to the '70 CT-h

Side badges are not year correct but they look good. The frame decals arent perfectly in line with the chrome strip but close enough. Haven't been on here in a long time but since then I got the bike licensed for the road and a motorcycle permit . The Beast!
  3. jon321

Honda CT70 Shocks

Looks like your Honda Trail 70 decal is on the wrong way?
  4. jon321

Need your guys opinion on these forks from the 72 Ct .

Well Im thinking about buying this ct 70- H model for $50.00 but I was concerned about the forks being tweaked . From the pictures Ive provided can you guys tell if anything looks bent ,anything I should look for on the forks indicating they been tweaked? Im gonna look at the bike Saturday...
  5. jon321

Well my CT70 is back together ,all done.

Thanks , Im not sure my bike is painted black cherry and I dont know what color of decal would look good.
  6. jon321

Well my CT70 is back together ,all done.

I had the rims,hubs brake plates etc done in a Silvadillo powder coat and it looks great . I had to have the powder coater re do the hubs due to some impurities in the powder . Anyway heres my bike now. The blue rims were god awful and had to go 70' CT-H Before After
  7. jon321

Question on rear axle bolt tightness.

Thanks for all the info, your not talking about the spacer inside the hub are you? Their is a spacer on each side of the axle shaft.
  8. jon321

I think its the original spacer I have ALL BALLS bearings in there right now but prior to the all balls their was NACHI 6301 bearings installed and they gave me no problems ,spun freely its just that I got my hubs powder coated and had to remove the NACHI bearings and since then Ive had...
  9. jon321

yeah same thing with chain off it wont spin freely im suspecting the spacer inside of the hub now ,that means i gotta destroy one bearing to get it out.
  10. jon321

Well i just took the wheel off and gave each bearing a an extra whack ,the sleeve inside is darn near flush withe inside of bearing . I also have a collar on the each side of the axle.I dont know, you can see the swing arm move in when i tighten down the axle bolt and when it gets tight the...
  11. jon321

I have a sleeve in their, should that sleeve have any slop like wobbling around in the axle?
  12. jon321

Just installed new bearings ,the wheel spins great till I go and tighten the axle nut down then when you spin it there will be resistance. Any info on what causes that?
  13. jon321

Would this power coating fisheye be from the worker not cleaning the hub well enough?

Sorta pissed off here . I already contacted him about this and he said that the metal didnt take well to the powder coating then I had another person say that you shouldnt coat hubs they should only be painted . They were wrapped in plastic when I got home I should of looked at them when I was...
  14. jon321

Any tips on painting the HONDA stencil onto a leather CT70 seat?

AHH crap , wheres a link to those stickers I looked on Ebay and nothing comes up except stencils but heres what I got so far wish me luck I hope the stencil doesent get crooked,lol.
  15. jon321

Any tips on painting the HONDA stencil onto a leather CT70 seat?

Thanks for the info, my friends got airbrush I can use.