Recent content by kiwiandy

1. K

Completed 15" Minibike !

Looks like alot of fun and a great first build. As others have said though, a few well placed gussets would be a good saftey exercise. Not doubting your welds but fatigue will just rip them away from the parent metal. No fun at 50 mph:ohmy: Andy.
  2. K

NZ Tru-test project build.

Thanks to the OldMiniBikes guys I now have it rolling! Just need to shorten the axles a shade. The front wheel is new and new bearings in the rear. Its all comming together!
  3. K

3 hp rebuild questions.

Sounds like good solid advice. Thanks.:thumbsup:
  4. K

Buying a "blue printed" head

By definition "Blueprinted" (a term I havnt heard used much in the last few years) meant pulling down an engine and perfecting the factory parts and tolerances. ie. Bore sizes perfect and parallel, rods and pistons perfectly weighted and balanced along with the crank and flywheel etc. It may...
  5. K

3 hp rebuild questions.

Thanks for the reply. This is the carb I have. Is there anything I should be looking for with regards to wear in the carb? Any performance mods?
  6. K

Hello. I did a deal with the powder coater and traded some old aluminium cast BMX wheels (think mongoose motomag) which he was after. But generally that frame and forks would have been around $100-120. The engine parts im thinking about 40-50 since I blasted them already. Yeah the kitchen (and...
  7. K

Pic of thr frame pre-assembly. Has first coat of gold powder then two separate coats of clear with silver metal flake in the first and rainbow in the second. Will take pics in the sun when complete. The other pic is my engine parts which have just been blasted and are now off to get powder coated.
  8. K

Thanks:smile: Got the frame back from the powder coaters today and its come up awesome. Also put in an order to our hosts for the rest of the parts to finish the build. Hope it all fits in the box!!! Andy.
  9. K

First in England (possibly)

looking good! Love the rear dropouts. Whats the pop running? Cheers. Andy.
  10. K

3 hp rebuild questions.

Hello. I have just stripped down my 80202 (1973) 3 hp engine for a rebuild. It ran reasonably well and made good power when last used but was hard to start. The bore looks good as do all other rotating parts and there is minimal contamination and wear debri in the case. -The crankshaft seal...
  11. K

Hello. Well its been quite a while since I last posted an update which is pretty much ive been busy renovating the house (new kitchen for the wife!). Anyway... the frame and forks are in getting some powder at the moment so I have been looking at the engine. Ive disassembled it and was very...
  12. K

powder coating or paint

It was House of Kolors Flake that was mixed with the clear powder coating. Its awesome stuff. Andy.
  13. K

powder coating or paint

Ive just had my home build frame and forks powdered. Had it done gold with silver metal flake in the first coat of clear and then got carried away and had him add another coat of clear with rainbow metal flake. I also play around with vintage BMXs and so does the powder coater so we do trades on...
  14. K

N.Z. made Tru Test

Hey mate. Good score on the bike. im pretty sure thats a Trutest. from what I can tell the later bikes had the plate on the front of the forks. It looks as if both those bikes have the plate yet of interest is the fact that by the pics the geometry of the forks is different? I also found that...
  15. K

N.Z. made Tru Test

Sure do! Are you on nzhotrod.co.nz? Saw the decal on your tool box. Im in Wellington this weekend and driving back to Auckland on Tuesday. Never been so wind blown in my life:smile: Maybe we need to start a NZ minibike registar? Andy.