Recent content by Malm

1. M

1986 Z50R won't start

Looking at these pics, you can see if I align the flywheel to TDC, the mark on the camshaft gear is slightly off, almost 1/2 tooth.... if I line up the tooth, you can see how far off the timing TDC mark is.... but i just think thats close enuff, but maybe not.... if not, what has to be done to...
  2. M

1986 Z50R won't start

But, it will run if i pull start it.... pulled by big butt around the yard 3 times under it's own power... So it cant be that far out.... I am stumped. I cannot push start it, but pull it with my 4 wheeler and she runs.....
  3. M

1986 Z50R won't start

I will re-check the valves.... but I did adjust them. The timing appears right, I have watched the videos and it is off by 1/2 tooth. it is slightly above the mark, but if I moved it it would then be slightly below the mark..... It did run by pull starting, but only at fast rpms the idle screw...
  4. M

The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

Christmas morning 1971 in Larose Louisiana, me on my 1971 QA 50. My brother and I both got one. We still ride together today.
  5. M

1986 Z50R won't start

Here she is:
  6. M

1986 Z50R won't start

I am new to the forum.... I bought a 1986 Z50R real cheap not knowing anything about it.... I changed the oil, new plug, new points, new condenser, new coil (Chinese), new plug wire, new carb (Chinese), new fuel lines and filter. Getting spark. Timing is right, maybe off by 1/2 tooth but so...