Recent content by Marinichi

1. Marinichi

OldMiniBikes... A Plethera of Knowledge! Side Kick Age

Oh yes, OldMiniBikes has a plethera.
  2. Marinichi

Side Kick Pics Here are the pics of the ex T.G now Side Kick http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=23812&username=marinichi
  3. Marinichi

Man can a guy learn a lot on OldMiniBikes! I have taught Small Gas Engines for years and have learned so much in the last few days (when I joined) that it makes me feel like a rookie....Like... My Tote Gote is not a Tote Gote it's a Side Kick! There is a number stamped on the tree of the front...
  4. Marinichi

point setting 1959 3HP

Scrap the points Bypass the breaker point ignition. Install a B&S Magnatron ignition kit. Cheap and easy. MAGNETRON IGNITION KIT-CONVERT OLD COIL2 ELECT IGNITION | eBay
  5. Marinichi

What is this exactly?

What is it? Governor Air Vane The governor air vane uses the air flow produced by the flywheel and blower housing to prevent the carburator from loping (a rhythmic rise and drop of rpm) and to control overspeeding which can lead to a blown engine. If you eliminate the governor system be...
  6. Marinichi

hard starting 3 1/2HP

Hard Start If you have poor or low compression the air/fuel mixture will have a hard time igniting especially in a cold engine. To improve compression I suggest: 1) Replacing the head gasket, cleaning carbon deposits from head and valves while the head is off. If you can, lap the valves...
  7. Marinichi

School me on BS 5HP engines

Magnatron Ignition If your engine uses points and condensor, you can retrofit it with a "Magnatron" ignition kit. To clarify... the Magnatron unit is added to the armature, the points and condensor are bypassed.
  8. History of Briggs Armature

History of Briggs Armature

Briggs Armatures
  9. Marinichi

Changing pic categories, names?

Thanks to the fine members of OldMiniBikes I have found out that my Tote Gote is really a Side Kick! :shrug: How in the world do I edit the names of the pics I already posted and remove them from the Tote Gote category? What category should they go in?
  10. Marinichi

Tote Gote Model???

:confused: Attached are some pics of the Gote my Small Gas Engine students and I restored this semester. :confused: After much research I still do not know what model it is! It had a 1968 5hp Briggs in it when we started. I am not convinced it was the original engine. :confused1: The part...
  11. Marinichi

New Member, New Restomod

New to the site as of today:thumbsup: Attached are some pics of the Gote my Small Gas Engine students and I restored this semester. They would love to see them on your web site! She is just about done, just waiting on a decal set. We also need front brake shoes, front fork suspension tube...
  12. Front End

Front End

Front Fork Tin Box Carrier
  13. Seat Compartment 2

Seat Compartment 2

Custom Seat Compartment Engine Access
  14. Seat Compartment

Seat Compartment

Custom Seat Compartment
  15. 206cc OHV Briggs

206cc OHV Briggs

206cc OHV Briggs