Recent content by MassD

1. M

Weird PulsaJet Carb

Thats what i have!!!! Thank you!
  2. M

Weird PulsaJet Carb

Exactly like a pulsajet but it has a bigger bore and a different flange not the typical 2 bolt flange ive seen. The block also has 3 spots for bolts to go in for the carb to mount.
  3. M

Weird PulsaJet Carb

I got a 5hp briggs for 5$ at a swap meet and it came with a weird pulsa jet ive never seen, it has a larger center bore and a bolt flange, not a typical 2 bolt 5hp pulsajet. What is this carb and where can i get a new one?
  4. M

Briggs 5hp Quantum....neeed a little more RPM!

porting it out def wont hurt rpms. smooth out the ports, cone filter and a header. that will bring ur rpms up
  5. M

First Briggs 5hp

BAD IDEA:hammer:, get a brillo pad and go to town scrub at it as hard as u like, i also use a rim cleaner, for aluminum, to help out. It will even shine it up
  6. M

Will a HS50 and manifold bolt up to a 5hp Flattie?

sounds good! Thank you
  7. M

i cant find a tilly manifold though thats my problem and i hate the pulsa jet with a passion
  8. M

im sorry i dont fully understand what you mean?
  9. M

ahhh okay so i need the 3-3.5hp manifold and a 5hp carb?
  10. M

my buddy has a HS50 and manifold for a tecumseh 5hp that he doesnt need and i cld get for a good price. Will it bolt up?
  11. M

How do I remove the Bearing off the Crank Shaft

i think the dot is hidden behind the bearing, this is depressing i did not want to pull the entire motor apart. What should the rods be torqued down to?
  12. M

How do I remove the Bearing off the Crank Shaft

Well i took the side cover off what i thought was a stock briggs 5hp to a cam change and realized that it has a billet rod and lifters. The crank also has a ball bearing on it, how do i get the bearing off and put it back on so i can change the cam. Also the cam has no markings on it at all does...
  13. M

Crane Super Stock Cam

great! Thank you very very much i greatly appreciate it
  14. M

Crane Super Stock Cam

thanks! I appreciate the speedy response! I also got a newer style pulsa jet without a slide choke and spiral in the carb. Are these better then the older style with the spiral?
  15. M

Crane Super Stock Cam

it came with a little booklet that said the stock lifters are reuseable. do the billet ones make that much of a difference?