Recent content by Mr Big Mini

1. Mr Big Mini

Let's talk about crashes.

i recommend you all remember and learn this. LOC - level of consciousness D - delicate spine A - airway B - breathing C - circulation RBS - rapid body survey
  2. Mr Big Mini

just admiring the El Burro Torque !

studying ... lol anyhow from my observations, there is also a lot of room for the motor, chains and gearing.
  3. Mr Big Mini

i have been studding the frame and it has occurred to me that whoever designed this frame really understood simple good engineering. i have yet to see a more simple effective yet strong design. (ymmv) I like how the fork tubes pass through two holes in the plate brackets and then in turn are...
  4. Mr Big Mini

hunting with mini bikes - pics thread

well, well ..... how cool is that!
  5. Mr Big Mini

awesome, thanks!
  6. Mr Big Mini

just curious if anyone takes there mini bike hunting. i'm new here and i just wondered if there where any hunting mini bike folk.... .... :scooter:
  7. Mr Big Mini

thanks for sharing those photos cool bike. Yes they are very interesting. your brother did a good job!
  8. Mr Big Mini

i was just admiring the El Burro Torque and thinking to myself that i would like to build a similar bike. seems the frame and forks would be within my skill set. maybe a 80 tooth rear sprocket combined with a TAV 2 for off road hill climbing. of-course ........ the build all seems so easy...
  9. Mr Big Mini

required shaft length for fitting a centrifugal clutch?

thanks, i may just do that.
  10. Mr Big Mini

actually, i meant to say i will be purchasing a new clutch for one of the vanguards at a later date. inboard or outboard has yet to be determined. this mini bike thing is all new exciting territory to me ... but i do have some skills like welding and basic mechanics to help me build my own...
  11. Mr Big Mini

Tote Gote - Model 403

will trade for a Retek Cheetah of similar condition.
  12. Mr Big Mini

excellent! i will grind down the cut-off Wheel so i can grind the key way as far as possible along the shafts, should be able to grind approximately 3/4 of the length of shafts, more or less.
  13. Mr Big Mini

thank you 125cccrazy so here is the deal. i recently purchased 3 new in box 6hp B&S vanguard engines for $140 total. each engine has a 5/8" shaft, the last inch of the shaft is threaded. so i plan on machining the key way into all 3 shafts (i have a jig and dremel). so i was wondering about...
  14. Mr Big Mini

thanks that makes sense. so how much key way length is typically required?
  15. Mr Big Mini

for 5/8" and 1" shafts? thank you :scooter: