Recent content by Oyster Bay Man

1. Oyster Bay Man

Estate sale chopper

Haha thats why I test em out on cats first. Did u hear abt that guy last yr in Brooklyn who cut his head off with one of those? Anyway estate sales rule...
  2. Oyster Bay Man

In need of some advice

Yeah but their style these days is identity theft or money laundering... Things they dont have to ever show up in person to do. My opinion is he was working on u in that vein. Who knows? He could just have issues... Im sure ur careful enough.
  3. Oyster Bay Man

In need of some advice

Gives ya the creeps. I had an antique beer stein for sale and the guy wud text me that he is on leave from serving in Afghanistan and that his time is limited so can I reply with mey name and address so he can write the check out immediately. I was like dont you want to see it first? Never...
  4. Oyster Bay Man

In need of some advice

Im with you. He somehow saw this bike. Hate to be jaded and I didnt read the rest of this thread but ive had a few things on CL lately and 75% of the responses have been scam attempts by "veterans" or active duty people. Seriously. That high a percentage.
  5. Oyster Bay Man

The collection so far. I am addicted... (lots of pics)

Yeah nice post it's so true. I'm bitten in a bad way too. I called in sick to pick up that MC 45 last week. I told a friend that I called in sick to do it and was laughing a little cuz I wasn't really sick and he looked at me seriously and said, "No. You are sick" Took a couple...
  6. Oyster Bay Man

Delete pics?

AH! That's right. I remember seeing that message about being careful n stuff... thanks sir! Just had a major clique'ing session. Bless you.
  7. Oyster Bay Man

Delete pics?

Hey how do I delete pics in My Photos here? Says I'm full. I don't see a choice to delete anywhere. Sure it's staring me straight in the face but can someone point it out?
  8. Oyster Bay Man

Please surprise with that old Jacobsen

Yeah ive seen Robin thrown around too. Honda as well. Haha. Whatever it is it'll look cool with tank off and chromed shroud and nice wrap around exhaust. Unique at least... Fast too.
  9. 20140917_174546

20140917_174546

10. 20140917_174424

20140917_174424

11. 20140916_194331

20140916_194331

12. Oyster Bay Man

what is it? Minibike Tecumseh mystery motor

That's good to know. I bet those tanks I found are Ruttman. Never saw that color blue on an engine that would match them until now. I'm going back to pick them up saturday.
  13. Oyster Bay Man

There are a couple of pics in my photos here. It's all pulleys. The ebay ad has a couple from that side.
  14. Oyster Bay Man

No no the 98cc is the Jacobsen I posted this thread about. The 321 is 3 HP.
  15. Oyster Bay Man

I posted all about it here when I first got it. There was one guy who made a real cool bike of it. I bought it for karting but the vintage kart boys like even older stuff for my year Rupp Lancer. Then I was going to restore it as a garden tool but then I got that McCullough 45 and a Rupp...