Pony Joe's latest activity

• P
    Pony Joe replied to the thread Ignition coil burnout.
    Well, I've run the trike a bunch this past week and that seems to have fixed it. Dummy move on my part for miswiring it. Just don't get...
  • P
    Yes, got it on Amazon. Lifan factory parts don't seem very common.
  • P
    And the black wire coming from the oil sensor was plugged into the ground coming from key switch.
  • P
    Think I got it. According to the schematic the big black wire coming from the rectifier should join a big black coming from the switch...
  • P
    I fully understand you. When the key is off it reads 12v from positive to wire. But when the key is on it reads 12v from negative to...
  • P
    Just now did what you said, spark wizard. Key off, one lead on wire one on positive post, reads 12 volts. Key on, one lead on wire one...
    • IMG_20240310_195112.jpg
    • IMG_20240310_195005.jpg
  • P
    Apologies for not replying yesterday, got busy and didn't see these posts til just now. Let's see, the engine is a Lifan 190 FD-B, 15hp...
  • P
    It seems like it would. But like I say, I have difficulty following electrical stuff. Give me mechanical problems any time over this.
  • P
    Well I couldn't wait. Unplugged the black wire, no change. Also unplugged the oil sensor, no change. With the key on and a test light on...
  • P
    No, ain't tried that. I do remember that, you had me switch some wires around to make it shut off. It is a black wire. I'll try it...
  • P
    Yes, checked oil and even swapped out the switch to be safe. The thing is when I change out the coil it fires up first crank and runs...
  • P
    Never have ran it without a battery. It has a pull rope starter besides the electric start so I would assume it can be operated without...
  • P
    I'm sorry but I'm not sure, not good with the electrical side of things. It has a battery and a rectifier if that tells you anything.
  • P
    Pony Joe posted the thread Ignition coil burnout in Trikes.
    Ok fellers. I put this Lifan engine on my super trike back in the fall( see super trike rebirth thread) and its been great. Engine runs...