Recent content by rnrphoto98

1. R

problem with forum. keep getting redirected.

I keep getting redirects, took me about 20 tries to get here!
  2. R

What year model is it?

Thanks for the info. Yes it has the deepco clutch. It looks pretty much original, I am hoping to keep this one all original. Just have to get the rusted out spot on the frame fixed and a new rear tire and it is good to go. Thanks again for the info
  3. R

how tight to make new belt

Thanks John, got it working!
  4. R

What year model is it?

I just got this Tote Gote. It looks similar to my 1958 frame, but there are a few differences. The forks look heavier, it has a front brake, and the rear axel is on top of the frame, not underneath like the 58, and the throttle looks way different. It does have a Briggs engine, but I don't...
  5. R

springs for deepco clutch

Would a comet 500 clutch be close to the original deepco? From what I read they seem very similar.
  6. R

Would it hurt to use it with only 3 springs?? I really want to use the deepco clutch for the downhill breaking effect.
  7. R

clutch springs for deepco maximatic clutch

One of the springs on my clutch broke, I need to find a replacement. Thanks Rob
  8. R

Is there a place to get replacement springs for the Deepco Maxamatic clutch? One of the ball bearings inside was stuck, I tried to lift up one of the little plates to let it slide inside to open the clutch and the spring just broke off. If I cant find replacement springs does anyone here have...
  9. R

how tight to make new belt

I had to get a longer belt to accomidate the new engine on my tote gote. I have no idea how tight the belt should be to start with. It is the Deepco Maximatic clutch. This is the first time I have ever dealt with this, any suggestions would be great thanks Rob
  10. R

Throttle for HF 6.5 engine on tote gote

According to the HF web site 6.5 HP (212cc) OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine EPA The engine is 14 inches tall. The space in my frame from mounting plate to the bottom of the top frame is 13 1/2 inches. I was thinking I would be able to trim the plastic housing enough to fit, it is only...
  11. R

Havasu Dave I can get a better photo of the throttle, is there any specific part that I should get a pic of? Thanks Rob
  12. R

Thanks for the photo. It looks like it should work as long as it is long enough, as you guys said.
  13. R

Seems like with a lot of parts, I need to get the engine and go from there. Thanks for the info.
  14. R

I am planning on getting the HF 6.5 engine to put on a tote gote. Will the original throttle and cable on my Gote work on the HF engine, or do I need to get a new set up. The throttle and cable seem to be in good working order and move smoothly. If I need to get a new one what would you...
  15. R

Tires for tote gote

I have read some posts here talking about some tires slide when you lean because they are too square. I was just hoping for a little taller tire for a bit more clearance. To be honest I have never rode a tote gote (or any trail bike for that matter, this is my very first) so I have no...