Recent content by Shrek73

1. S

Best Clutch?

I wasn't considering the Jackshaft, I thought it was a TAV. Seeing that the TAV is only $70, I am considering it, but I still haven't made my mind up yet. Thinking about it, I think I got the clutch off eBay with a chain for around $30. I read somewhere you can tell the difference between a...
  2. S

Best Clutch?

That's not too bad, I was thinking of the Jackshaft kit which runs $150...
  3. S

Best Clutch?

I just looked up the TAV and that is a bit out of my price range, how would I go about changing the gearing?
  4. S

Best Clutch?

Do you have a link for that clutch?
  5. S

Best Clutch?

The hills aren't that dramatic, but I have to get my speed up to get up them.
  6. S

Best Clutch?

I just returned from Colorado where I rode my Baja Dirt Bug daily around my property. Last week I upgraded my brakes to hydraulics, and was very happy with the results, they are a real improvement over the standard cable. A year or so ago, I upgraded the pleated air filter and header with...
  7. S

Dirt Bug 212 Predator Air Filter Upgrade Breather Tubes

Thanks, that just what I was looking for. I didn't think it will be an issue when I test ride it in my neighborhood, but will add the filter when I ride it off road in the future.
  8. S

Dirt Bug 212 Predator Air Filter Upgrade Breather Tubes

I just installed the Power Up Kit on my Dirt Bug 212cc Predator ,which included the under the seat RLV header, K&N Pleated air filter, racing spark plug and jet and had a question about the tubes that are left. Once I removed the stock air filter what do you do with the tube that on the right...
  9. S

Dirt Bug 212 cc Vibrations

Thanks for the advice. Wednesday I took the new chain to a chopper shop to see if they could add links to make it fit. They added four links from my old chain, but it was too long when I tried to install it. Instead of taking it back I just cut three good links myself after watching how to do...
  10. S

Thanks, I moved the tensioner to the right after the photos. I rode it Monday night after adjusting everything and it went fine. I test rode it last night after lubing the clutch and the chain slipped off again much to my aggravation. I did leave play in the top of the chain after initially...
  11. S

I am new to mini bikes, so I haven't lubed the clutch. Where to you lube it at? When I bought it, the previous owner had a 3.5hp mounted with no throttle linkage so I didn't test ride it. I basically rebuilt if from the ground up and didn't know what to think about the vibration. I only removed...
  12. S

I installed a Predator 6.5 on my Dirt Bug using the adjustable mounting plate and tried to align the clutch and rear sprocket as best as I could. I also pushed the engine as forward as it would go to kept tension on the chain. When it is idling, there is some clutch noise, and when I turn the...
  13. S

Doodle Bug Predator 212 Throttle Cable Help

I just installed my 212 Predator on my Doodle bug but have run into a problem with the throttle cable. I have a standard doodle bug throttle cable and the exposed cable is about 4" long. I installed the OldMiniBikes Predator Throttle Kit and installed it but the brass grommet was missing. Once...
  14. S

First Baja Mini Bike (Help!)

Thanks everyone for your replies and the photos. I am new to the mini bike world, but not the mechanical aspects. When I bought it the seller pointed out that it needed a new throttle cable, which I promptly purchased. When I went to install it, I noticed the throttle linkage was also...