Recent content by thefarmer355

1. T

gx340 - 390 cylinder heads ?

sounds about right, always frun trying to get the most out of modifying stock parts. Brings such a smile to ones face when it all comes together
  2. T

is the stock piston thick enough to cut some reliefs in ?
  3. T

hmm so if i am aiming for around 9:5:1 compression or 10:1 should i take it down to the first cooling fin ? This engine may end up on a mini but will be in a small one seater go kart first. Just building something for fun but I like maximum performance
  4. T

I was thinking the same thing, I haven't taken the bottom end apart yet. Then engine came from the fertilizer industry, off of a nitrogen tanker its a little corroded and rusty on the outside but the cylinder looks new.
  5. T

Shaving .100 off the head would increase my compression from factory to what ? around 9:5:1 10:1 ? also I can't seem to find an aftermarket 340 flat top piston. Should I have it bored out to 390 or will the factory piston work on a billet rod ?
  6. T

Thanks, I think that would be my best bang for my buck being as im just building this as a fun motor. Some port work, might get .100 shaved off of it if my machinist is willing to give me a fair price.
  7. T

29 views and no reply ? Any advice would be appreciated guys, have tried the search and there are limited topics on the big block hondas/clones
  8. T

Are these heads both the same casting? And What size are the stock valves? I have a gx340 thinking of a nice port job and some stainless valves but can't seem to find the stock valve sizes. Thanks T.J.
  9. T

Honda GX340 new guy!

So is the gx340 head the same as the gx390? and what are the stock valve sizes ? I was thinking of shaving it .100 and a light port and polish with ss valves and heavy duty springs,
  10. T

Honda GX340 new guy!

Thanks guy's yes I have already read the sticky about engine safety and am fully aware of the danger, I have 2 dirt ovals less than 15min's from me and have seen a few disaster's. Billet flywheel and rod are the first things I'm ordering for the predator. I was thinking shave the head...
  11. T

Honda GX340 new guy!

First I would like to introduce myself I am T.J. from South Carolina, small town farm kid 25 years of age. Been neck deep in making things go fast and hot rodding all my life... I recently acquired a hemi head predator 60363 part number... tore it down removed all the governor assembly as...