Recent content by toromudder

1. toromudder

Briggs 8B coil swap Q's

for now i'l just replace the condenser, as i dont have any good iron flywheels around, maybe eventually il experiment with the cast alum flywheel:laugh:
  2. toromudder

Briggs 8B coil swap Q's

I have on old briggs 8b and im not a fan of the points and condenser setup it has, so i want to replace the old 4-post coil and points with a newer 2-post magnetron coil. I read on another thread that the coil will bolt right up, but the only thing i couldn't find was would i have to swap...
  3. toromudder

What's this bike?

Thanks to all who helped, looks just like a powerdyne falcon. Now at least i have an idea of what it should look like:thumbsup: And the dog, he's actually quite friendly:smile:
  4. toromudder

What's this bike?

Ive had this bike for about a year, but never had any idea what it is. "Seat", wheels and street sign sheetmetal are all obviously not original. the front forks and rear bar originally chrome. It only cost $50 and it came with a 3.5 and a 5hp briggs as well as some extra parts so it wasnt that...
  5. My junker bike

My junker bike

6. My junker bike

My junker bike

7. My junker bike

My junker bike

8. toromudder

tecumseh h35 stalls under load

ok got the motor back together, and now i'm only getting 45-49 psi. have yet to test run it tho.
  9. toromudder

I only weigh roughly 135, which is why im suprised in the lack of power. But, the gearing may have ben an issue. The clutch is an 11 or 12T and the rear sprocket is a 60T with a 5" rim, no jackshaft or gear reduction. maybe thats asking too much out of this motor? either way im putting it on a...
  10. toromudder

Good point, il try grinding the valves down to .008" and see if that (and a new headgasket) make the compression any better.
  11. toromudder

No it never ran correctly, but this is my first time trying a 2-stroke diaphragm carb on a 4-stroke. Guess it isnt bolt-on and go as i had hoped:doah: but where could I find or buy the correct emulsion tube and jet? could I salvage them out of another carburator or is their a carb rebuild kit...
  12. toromudder

I did play around with the settings, but it only helped at idle. I took the floatbowl carb off my hs40 motor and tried that, it did not stall under load but seemed to have a severe lack of power, and as much as i tried to adjust the carb, i couldn't resolve surging at both idle and high speed...
  13. toromudder

Checked the magnet and coil lamination stack and everything is a-ok. Cleaned the plug, and still same result. Il look at the carb tomorrow and see if the air bleed or main fuel passages are restricted somehow.
  14. toromudder

first the tecumseh h35 is all stock exept for it has a diaphragm carb out of a tecumseh 85cc 2stroke snothrower. the carb has new diaphragm and gasket. and it also has the external primer bulb (hose leading from barb on base of carb to primer bulb). The problem is that when i sit on it and try...
  15. toromudder

2 or 2 1/2hp?

thanks for the help i ordered a set of rings off of mfgsupply.com part no. 23-1453 and a few misc. gaskets and a carb repair kit. as far as i know the valves are good but i got extras if i need em :laugh: