Recent content by TURBO RAT

1. TURBO RAT

Briggs 3.5 on db30

No engine when I bought it and the Briggs is an extra. Predator is going in my Murray. Just hate to back burner another project.
  2. TURBO RAT

Briggs 3.5 on db30

Anyone done a Briggs flathead on a DB30 that has some advice about mounting and chain alignment?
  3. TURBO RAT

Wilder Goose

Should be one slick little ride when it is done! I need to get a touch up gun and airbrush to go with my pinstriping stuff so I can do nicer paint on small stuff like minis and small parts.
  4. TURBO RAT

Bringing my Nighthawk back to life.

Liking the paint scheme, have done a few car engines in black, green and silver. As for your tank, maybe it is bubbling due to improper prep or just fuel being spilled on it, gasoline will take spray paint right off. If you do it again use some grease and wax remover, then sand it well with 400...
  5. TURBO RAT

1st Build ROPER Mini

Well, I haven't updated this in quite a while. Haven't gotten much done, finally got a rear wheel, working on stripping and painting it, still working on the engine and parts for it, just tinkering with it when I can. Between work, taking care of my kid and other necessary things as well as...
  6. TURBO RAT

YAYYY.....free healthcare for everyone

Bring on December 25th 2012! As for our pres, I'm still waiting for what is bound to happen, a pissed off war vet with a BIG OL' .50 cal! And as far as fining people with no insurance, what will they do to people that won't pay, throw them in an overcrowded prison system to waste some of those...
  7. TURBO RAT

Whats your favorite brand of tools?

SNAP-ON box, SK and Craftsman for tools.
  8. TURBO RAT

HF 6.5 limited performance

It may not seem like 3600 but it comes FAST with these little engines, they are very torquey and get up to speed much faster than you would think. Leave the governor attached but try pushing or pulling on it to pick up RPM when it dies off, figure out how far you went to get the desired RPM and...
  9. TURBO RAT

BONANZILLA (rebirth of the monster mini)

Should definitely be a monster with the 16hp on there! I went with the 8" wheels on my Sears as well, it was a tight fit but looks ALLOT better in my opinion than a 6".
  10. TURBO RAT

The ULTIMATE Taco 100 Restoration

Parts look pretty slick. What process was used on the bolts?
  11. TURBO RAT

Photo Categories

Engines (general category for all makes), Rupp, Bonanza, Sears, Montgomery Ward, etc......... Before and after definitely should be included.
  12. TURBO RAT

1st Build ROPER Mini

UPDATE: Found some pegs from an old ATC 90 I once owned that are wide enough for my big feet to rest comfortably so I will be refurbishing those and modifying to fit if I have to.
  13. TURBO RAT

My scooter build

LOVE it!! Looks vintage military for sure. Why USMC? Were you a Marine?
  14. TURBO RAT

Tillotson VS Mikuni

Well, I'm definitely upgrading, but I have the option of a Mikuni or a Tillotson that needs a rebuild an cleanup for the same money. I am more familiar with the Mikuni as allot of the old jap bikes I've had ran them. Only had one Tilly and it was on an old Canadian brand chain saw with a 3.5hp...
  15. TURBO RAT

any sears experts?

I'm building the 5hp version of that bike right now. Don't know if I'll be putting the 2 speed back since it was missing and they are kind of pricey. Plus I'll be running a pretty modded GX200 so, regular jackshaft it is for me.