Recent content by wb4rt

1. wb4rt

Short Shaft Briggs Question

Hey Tiki_Todd I realize this thread is a year old, but I have a similar short shaft on a Briggs 3 hp that I am saving. I asked my son about his shop making a 3/4" x 1" spacer piece with 3/8" hole for the bolt. I don't think having a key way is necessary as I'm only filling the space to keep the...
  2. wb4rt

How to connect oil pressure switch?

Thanks Kenny, I'll trace that wire and connect the switch!
  3. wb4rt

Model 44S877-0033 I just want it to kill engine if oil level is low. Thank you for any assistance.
  4. wb4rt

My Briggs v-twin replacement engine for my riding mower came with an oil pressure switch. I know it is not necessary, but might save my engine some day. How can I connect it so it works? Do I just jumper a hot wire to it or ? Any help is appreciated.
  5. wb4rt

Well, I finally did it #*$#&)!!, please help

The rest of the story - I ordered a 24 hp Intek on-line for a replacement. I try to buy local as much as possible, but this was about $300 cheaper on-line. They crossed it over to match my engine and it arrived in 2 days. The next morning I mounted it in my mower. Took about 2 hours of easy...
  6. wb4rt

Well, not good news. Finally opened the case and both rods were disintegrated, at least one piston broken, about 1" of one cylinder wall broken out, cam shaft broken, crank has some marks, and the oil pan is cracked. I can post a couple of pictures if anyone is interested. Sooooo . . . new...
  7. wb4rt

Update - the flywheel key is sheared!! I'm going to pull the flywheel and see what is next. I'll let you know.
  8. wb4rt

Hey, 125ccCrazy - that is is great suggestion! I did not think about that but remember the shaft turns when I turn the flywheel. Since there is nothing to lose I will try your suggestion before more severe surgery. So, if I pull the flywheel then I might see a sheared key. If that is the...
  9. wb4rt

Thank you for the reply, Dr. I have opened a few smaller engines, years ago and always had problems trying to separate the two halves. Any good techniques to doing that without causing more damage? I suppose I will need a new gasket for that too, right? Also, if I am able to move the...
  10. wb4rt

I'm 63 years old and finally did the ultimate small engine mistake :doah::ohmy::doah: - after changing my riding lawnmower oil a few weeks ago, apparently I did not completely tighten the oil plug. So while idleing today, I heard a sharp BANG and the engine quit. Yep, the oil had leaked out. I...
  11. wb4rt

2015 Burt's Drift Trike - MTTW Class

Have you priced a joint of 10" PVC? Hard to find and VERY expensive - like $300 for 10'. And 12" HDPE is even more. So, considering they cut it and finish it it is really not much more than the price of the pipe.
  12. wb4rt

Sidewindertrikes: motorized drift trikeSidewinder Drift Trikes | Motorized Drift Trikes – Adult Big Wheels The HDPE are much thicker and wear better than PVC. Plus, the black just looks better.
  13. wb4rt

FINAL POST - PLEASE WATCH AND VOTE! Starting picture of pile of parts: Finished trike: Video of my daughter's first ride on a drift trike - she's grinning the whole time! http://youtu.be/IxdsYbZL0vs
  14. wb4rt

Options for cutting mild steel

Find a used 4x6 bandsaw - Harbor Freight or many other brands - and you will be happy. No mess, no noise, cuts square (once you make the necessary adjustments), and cheap to operate. I have a chop saw, an Evolution Rage, cut-off wheels, reciprocating saw, and jig saw, but my band saw is the...
  15. wb4rt

I, Slayer Of Clutch Chatter...

I have a Hilliard Extreme Duty clutch on my scratch-built minibike. I have tried to figure out the "chatter" or "grinding". It is a little worrying when it engages. So I'm glad to know that is "normal" for this clutch. Maybe I need to switch it out too. Thanks for the thread. If anyone has...