Pipe/ tube bender

Would there be any operational advantages to using the hitch setup rotated 90 degrees? I’m just wondering and thinking if you could pull down for the bend that you would have better leverage on the tougher ones.

Would there be any operational advantages to using the hitch setup rotated 90 degrees? I’m just wondering and thinking if you could pull down for the bend that you would have better leverage on the tougher ones.
Wouldn't you hit dirt somewhere around 30 degrees? That might help. The receivers are square so it is on option. I am thinking about just sliding a 10 foot piece of 1 1/2 inch water pipe over the handle and forcing my will upon the tube.

I’m just thinking out loud and looking at options. I like this hitch setup and had a vice setup that way back when I did road service. If I do purchase this bender I’m sure I’ll copy it.

I was thinking this same thing. If the receiver is square, it wouldn't be too tough to rotate it. Just need to drill more holes. Obviously would be better for pipe with a short bend on one side.

I hope the weather will warm up soon. I haven't been able to mess with all of the cold metal pipes outside and even if I back the truck into my garage, the door won't close.
Spring is not coming fast enough!

nightgrider

I hope the weather will warm up soon. I haven't been able to mess with all of the cold metal pipes outside and even if I back the truck into my garage, the door won't close.
Spring is not coming fast enough!
I feel ya. Need stuff to warm up. Wanting to try a few ideas for bending emt conduit with tight bends for cheap.