Smog pump supercharger

I can get you an ammo can, almost any size you want (Camp Lejeune). Cut a hole in the box, bolt the box between two gaskets on the intake, now carb is inside box. Close the air tight lid. Pressurize the box. The bad part of doing it like this is the carb adjustments are inside the box.

If you want an ammo can, just say so.

Thepaetsguy

By the way I messed around and found out!

But not in a bad way just annoying the intercooler is needed to get easier bends for the intake tube. I’m still clueless as to how I will do this myself without a log manifold going straight up and down.

Thepaetsguy

The outlets are pressed into the pump and non removable.. I pretty much have it figured out. Not the happiest with it but it doesn't involve a log manifold.

And it’s the shortest easiest path I can make from the pump outlet to the intake port. I had to flip the pump. Don’t like that either but I’ve gotten to this point so I’m rolling with it.

Thepaetsguy

I pinched my side working in this thing it screwed me up.. don’t know what’s wrong or what I did but under my right ribs there is something super wrong. i’ll give it a day then off to the doctors.. (I’m terrified of them)

Thepaetsguy

Pinched a nerve and I need to cut back on caffeine. Actually a whole lot is about to change for the better.

I have not ordered a pwk or found the pieces to make the exhaust.

The belt I have could be an inch shorter to help raise the pulley away from the ground just a little more. Everything but the pump needs completely disassembled and cleaned painted..

I don’t know if I want to throw all the go fast parts in it or just get a super stock enduro rod and use a 3hp flywheel.
I might need a pump pulley youtube: mgb smog pump test shows only 3lbs at higher rpms

Thepaetsguy

I’m going to have to cut the flange off that intake tube. put one of those double clamp boots on each end and clamp one end to the pump inlet and the carburetor will clamp into the other end.

I can’t find an adapter reducer long enough so this is what I’ve come up with. E2BCC464-27EA-4D5D-BBFB-847CEF9519BD.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

New plan and parts for testing ordered will be here the 2nd the parts ordered where a pwk 21-28mm adapter boot and a vm22 intake pipe.

While I’m waiting on that I’ll grab a belt and start cleaning/paint

Thepaetsguy

Ok new new plan... The whole thing fell together in an instant when I had an idea I did not even think would work... All I need is a 24mm carburetor from eBay to finish the whole thing... while I’m waiting for the 24mm clean/paint.. I’m actually pretty happy with the way the intake came out. Short and simple.

Thepaetsguy

See it’s 4AM and I have been up since 5... I hyper asphyxiate on my hobbies and that’s probably not the best thing...

If this little pump works and produces any kind of boost I plan to do whatever it takes to replace the v-belt pulleys with cog belt pulleys.

Cog belt pulley welded straight to the pump driveshaft and a cog belt pulley welded to a raptor starter nut.

Thepaetsguy

How is your side feeling? I've been meaning to ask.
Heck ya thanks for asking! It‘s much better! I’m drinking a lot more water instead of sucking down caffeine and that alone made things clearer. I‘m hoping it also is gonna help me start sleeping better. I suck down enough caffeine to stay up all night sleep from 10am to 3pm then stay up till 10am that’s not gonna work anymore.