Smog pump supercharger

Thepaetsguy

I got some pictures off the briggs forum of all places... The carbon blades let go and sucked into the intake.

He did not clean up the pump at all just slapped it on and he’s running his pump backwards.. Running these pumps backwards the blades have to slam under the sharp scrubber edge instead of rolling under the scrubber like it does during normal rotation.

I’m now looking around for a more junky 5hp so this doesn’t happen to an engine I have a bit of cash tied up into.. 9234BAE0-C1E5-4D8B-9BB2-5B6071113341.jpeg 5F41BD61-3009-4C0D-858C-26DED7A39F2A.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I think that's what happens when you're not awake all night.
You spend less time on your phone and your body heals. Glad you're feeling better.
Ahahaha I’m feeling awesome! Everything is on the up and up.

Next 5hp piston doesn’t fit but this block has the governor revision. I think I’m looking at a 4hp! Score!! always wanted one of these!

9D97B9AC-177A-443D-916D-E2285D7BD940.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I have at least one 4 horse in the shop. I have no plans for it. You are welcome to it.
I took the valve springs out, but the rest is all there.
I will absolutely keep this in mind thank you! I CANNOT and get the exhaust valve out. Instead of my normal brute ways I‘m gonna let this one soak in PB for awhile. But if it proves to stubborn i might need a different block.

Thepaetsguy

I have a garage to work in now and look still setting in the grass in the rain.. Maybe some things don’t change. My username on here was a typo... I fat fingered parts as paets and then thought up the pa everything salvageable guy.. I don’t care how bad it is the thing will run just fine. E35CE23E-58C1-41E9-A5D8-89521B57FD62.jpeg

I have a garage to work in now and look still setting in the grass in the rain.. Maybe some things don’t change. My username on here was a typo... I fat fingered parts as paets and then thought up the pa everything salvageable guy.. I don’t care how bad it is the thing will run just fine. View attachment 313095
Yup ive brought back worse. They might smoke a little but thats what keeps the mosquitoes away.

Thepaetsguy

You ran it like that???
I put 80W90 in an 8 horse vertical shaft engine, years ago. It smoked like you wouldn't believe! It started knocking and threw the rod in less than 2 minutes.
Ohh yea the valve guide was near non existent and if you popped the valve out the galley was a half inch deep pool of oil it burned up so quick we ran out of oil to pour in it. So bar and chain it was and it ran fine. worst smoker I had and ever will have seen.