Questions about governer, flywheels, rod, carberator etc. im new thanks

i have a coleman b200, i straight piped it, but now should i leave the governer and put a 10k rpm flywheel with an air filter. or should i take off the governer and put a vm22, flywheel, and air filter. Also are billet rods nessasary for a 10k rpm flywheel. Thank you so much guys

SAS289

You do not need a flywheel and billet rod until you remove the governor. If you decide to remove the governor then do the flywheel and rod at the same time.

You can go with a slide carb like the VM22 but you should learn as much as possible before getting one. They have been frustrating to a lot of guys. It's not something you bolt on and ride. The carb will need to be tuned to your engine and environment. Unless you are very sure of what you are doing the governor should be removed when going with a VM22 or other slide carb.

Research what the power add on parts do before getting them. For example, the biggest gain from a header pipe on a stock engine is noise. An air filter kit and larger main jet should be used when going with a header. Or the slide carb option to go with the header.

Research everything before doing it.

The governor is there to keep the RPM at a safe level. The stock parts in the engine are built to withstand that RPM range. If the governor is disabled or removed, the connecting rod and the flywheel can fail dangerously. If the governor is removed, it is recommended for safety AND performance, to install a billet rod and flywheel.
Why do you want to mess with it? Look into installing a torque converter for better all around performance and less hassle. People who are "new to mini bikes" probably should NOT start taking their engines apart.

@rowanb if you remove the big black plastic cover on the left side, is there a chain inside it, or a belt?
If you see a chain, then installing a torque converter will really perk up your performance.
If you already have a belt, then it has a torque converter and there are ways to increase your performance without messing with your governor.

@rowanb if you remove the big black plastic cover on the left side, is there a chain inside it, or a belt?
If you see a chain, then installing a torque converter will really perk up your performance.
If you already have a belt, then it has a torque converter and there are ways to increase your performance without messing with your governor.
Chain, thank you guys so much for the help, didnt specify that it is a b200r, so i should just put a tourque converter on there and leave everything else? Thank you for the help btw

i dont think it has a tourque converter, i found one is it good? thanks https://www.amazon.com/FVRITO-Conve...an+ct200u+torque+converter+196,aps,187&sr=8-4

Davis

Chain, thank you guys so much for the help, didnt specify that it is a b200r, so i should just put a tourque converter on there and leave everything else? Thank you for the help btw
Hell no build a bad ass motor and run it. No idea why these idiots are trying to deter you of hauling ass.

I suggest you put the muffler back on it for now, and find a torque converter. It will boost your performance a whole lot. Your top speed might double. After you get used to that, you might want to tweak your engine.

Last edited:
Whoa there!
There are a few choices you need to make, based on what is on your bike now.
The driver pulley inside diameter needs to match the crankshaft on your engine, and the sprocket on the converter needs to match the chain on your bike. I am not sure but I think your crankshaft is 5/8" and i think your chain is 41. You should verify those before ordering.

SAS289

Pretty sure the BT200 was the last model that used the 16mm crankshaft. They went with a different 196 starting with the RB200. Their latest models should have a 3/4" crankshaft.

Whoa there!
There are a few choices you need to make, based on what is on your bike now.
The driver pulley inside diameter needs to match the crankshaft on your engine, and the sprocket on the converter needs to match the chain on your bike. I am not sure but I think your crankshaft is 5/8" and i think your chain is 41. You should verify those before ordering.
my cousin wants to trade his b200 for my b200r, they are both new, but should i do it because the b200 already has a cvt tourque converter on it but i dont know if it will be the same as putting a cvt on the b200r? also b200 has rear and front brakes disk when the b200r doesnt

Again thank you guys for the help