Search results

1. D

how to assemble rear wheel assembly?1971 arctic cat

ok i have a 1971/2 arctic cat mini bike and the rear wheel assembly is missig parts,and i have no clue what parts to buy to make it work. all i know is i need the chain tensioners and some sort of spacers? someone please help:shrug:
  2. D

not getting gas?!

ok this motor has been the best runner ever.carb/tank has never been split before(tank under cab) i ran the gocart till it had NO gas at all left in it yesterday.100% dry. i filled the tank up,and it randomly doesnt wanna fire and run,still has spark,compression etc,its just not getting...
  3. D

odd problem...?

yup it was good,yet i put another one on. i found out this engine is actually a tecumseh,i thought it was a briggs lol......sorry for the mishap there. im going to try a entire carb rebuild kit and see what happens and ill let ya know...thanks for all the help so far though guys,
  4. D

i think its a briggs?

ok here are numbers on the pull start case 143-754042 ser 6231b
  5. D

odd problem...?

it is directly to the carb its all setup like a minibike/gocart motor.
  6. D

i think its a briggs?

ok i have a small black 2hp or so sized engine. it has side exhaust(on siude of the motor) and a carb setup that has a drop down tube that bolts to a regular almost briggs type carb like a carb that bolts direct to the block,but hangs down below connected to the tube. anyway to tlel...
  7. D

odd problem...?

ok it was not the gas cap. im gonna try doing a carb rebuild on it,new diaphragm and such. but it still did this with a different carb that works great on it? the governor is still in this engine,the lever is just disconnected and held back with a spring....will that affecdft it?
  8. D

odd problem...?

OK. soo heres whats happening now~ i got it to idle,and start up sometimes on its own,sometimes with a shot of starting fluid. it will sit and idle and revv GREAT but after a bit of idling it will start bogging down and acting funny and wanna die,and if you give it gas it bogs down and...
  9. D

odd problem...?

well i know its not tank cause i put a tank and carb off another motor on it and it was bein lame. ive changed spark plugs,BUT all the plugs ive ever tried idk if there perfect or not there used and what not. ill try the spark plug tomorrow ill check the head gasket,but the head has...
  10. D

odd problem...?

ok so i have a smaller 2-3.5hp or so briggs stratton engine.when it runs,it runs strong. it was running great,and i let it sit for a while,and ever since,ive had nothing but problems with it. sure,i thought carb needed clean,so i rebuilt it and cleaned it. to get this thing started,i have to...
  11. D

5hp cam in 3.5hp?

will a 5hp cam fit into a 3.5hp engine? would a stock 5hp cam give performance to a 3.5hp at all?
  12. D

headlight??

well,i have a 1971 arctic cat climber,has a mild built 3.5hp briggs in it,i got it all painted new tires and all,its great,i love it to death but, i noticed originally this bike had a headlight,it has a mount in the front,so apparently some mini bikes have had headlights,and ive seen a few...
  13. D

Dom makes 90mph pass on Manville.....

OWNED,lol. im still shocked i just saw a mini bike doing 90mph:thumbsup:
  14. D

honda 5.5 clone revvin dangerously high?

omfg yay thanks guys.i moved the governor and it now runs and idles great. first ytime the gocart has seen the road in a longgg time.whoo. this site kicks a$$
  15. D

pretty handy 15 y.o from az:D

hello, names dylan martin 15 years old.i live in mohave valley,arizona where it tends to reach the 120 degree mark,but only about 50 feet from the river:D.i LOVE oldschool stuff. fascinated with just about everything gas powered.ESPECIALLY small engines and minibikes/gocarts. even though im...
  16. D

honda 5.5 clone revvin dangerously high?

ok guys,all new gaskets installed,and i did the carb cleaner test and listened for high idling to make sure i dont have an air leak.no air leak anywhere. now,after that it now idles EXCELLENT the EXACT way it should on FULL CHOKE,,then when i turn choke off it has to be given gas(throttle)...
  17. D

boosting compression?the cheap way?

yay thats exactly what i was lookin for:D thanks man. ill problly mill the head a bit,and see what the heck happens. :grind: :thefinger:
  18. D

boosting compression?the cheap way?

well,after a longgggg dam time i got my 1971 arctic cat mini bike goin,,,,,but i only had a 2hp briggs.it just doesnt have enough UMPFF to take off good enough with my butt on it. sooooo i go the motor for free.muaha. i want to boost the compression, now,i know i can mill the head,and...
  19. D

clinton a400 or a490 panther engine.trade

well, im really looking to trade for something,seeing as i could use something else more then the $ i'd get for the engine. oddly enough eh?haha
  20. D

post pics of your garages

dam, im totally jealous of this haha. all i got right now is a 10x16 shed with half taken up by my 1986 long travel 250r and my 1981 cr450r dirtbike.then the welders,tools,etc. soon to have the 20x40 metal fabbed garage,but thats if we can ever get our yucca,az property up for sale,weve...