Search results

1. K

3 hp rebuild questions.

Hello. I have just stripped down my 80202 (1973) 3 hp engine for a rebuild. It ran reasonably well and made good power when last used but was hard to start. The bore looks good as do all other rotating parts and there is minimal contamination and wear debri in the case. -The crankshaft seal...
  2. K

NZ Tru-test project build.

Hello. I brought this bike about mid way through last year off a guy at work. The original plan was to build it up original but the more I looked at it the more I found wrong. At some point the rear wheel has been changed to a drum brake and in the process they have gas axed the drop out off...
  3. K

just finished Jr minibike.

Hello. The receptionist at work recently gave me a throw away motorised chinese scooter. After a small amount of work I had the thing running and decided to chop it up and make an entry level bike for my kids. I started by completely stripping it and shortening the frame about 7 inches. I...
  4. K

Three spoke alloy wheels.

Hello. Im looking for a supplier who has the pictured three spoke aluminium wheels. The one pictured is off a bike im rebuilding that was manufactured in New Zealand in the early 1970s. Are these still being cast? Were they originally made in the USA? Are they still available with the drum...
  5. K

Trutest minibike New Zealand.

Hello. Here is a pic of the minibike I recently purchased. Its runs a 3 Hp Briggs and Stratton engine which appears to be the original unit and the frame is also original 70's. The seat is off a Yamaha of some description. Ive just started to rebuild the engine and so far its looking good...
  6. K

New from NZ.

Hello. Thought I had better do the right thing and post up an intro. My names Andy and I live in Auckland, New Zealand. Im 33 and recently purchased a NZ made bike from the 70's that used to be sold under the name trutest. Im also building another smaller bike out of a motorised scooter to...