Search results

1. mhornfeck72205

WTB: GX340/390 starter. Toasted mine :(

The cam I use has no compression release, and I knew the starter I had would be short lived. It let out the magic smoke today(and a lot of it!) and now I gotta replace it. Anyone have one sitting around for sale? WTB!
  2. mhornfeck72205

Ported+SS Valves 14cc Head, NR Racing .285 0207 cam, Billet flywheel, and more

Parting out my GX200, Only been using my heavily modded GX390 lately. All prices are without shipping. Shouldn't be more than $5 since most fit in flat rate boxes. All items are "or best offer". No lowballs pleaseee! First up, the head. Recently painted with 500 degree enamel in Iron gray. No...
  3. mhornfeck72205

Head milling wanted. .060 for gx200 and .100 for gx390

Looking to get my heads milled on both of my motors and I'm curious to see if anyone will give me a combo discount for doing both. The gx200 is a Honda 14cc head and the 390 is a HF clone head. May eventually go bigger valves on the 390. How much for milling both heads? Individually? One and...
  4. mhornfeck72205

Whats the worst condition harborfreight took your engine back on warranty?

Whats the worst condition harbor freight took your engine back on warranty? My friend has his engine which hes about to return because when he was just riding it at probably around 3500 rpm, it snapped the rod cap and threw the piston into the valves. Just spins free now. Only had the gov...
  5. mhornfeck72205

Engine used to hit 7500, sat for the winter, now just revs 4500~.

I haven't the slightest idea why... I was able to turn 7500 on a regular clutch last year and hit 55mph. Ive since taken it apart and cleaned it up, put it back together and it runs fine. Revving without load, it sounds way lower rpm than it used to, and I can only hit 39mph with similar gearing...
  6. mhornfeck72205

Hydraulic brakes for a +14" doodlebug?

Im looking to upgrade to hydraulic breaks but I am worried about the extra length that I've added. Ive extended the doodlebug to +14" and I dont know if its possible or not to extend the hydraulic brakes sold by promod. Anyone know if/how it would be possible to find a solution to this? I was...
  7. mhornfeck72205

Mikuni 34mm flatslide dumping fuel

So my 34mm mikuni flat-slide keeps dumping fuel out of the bottom drain tube. I use it along with a fuel pump on my 390 and it doesn't start dumping until i give it some throttle. It'll idle fine, no dumping, until i give it throttle, and then all it does is dump like crazy.. I'm not sure how...
  8. mhornfeck72205

Not sure what kind of kart, but I went to town with it..

Well heres my current project which will be done with a few more modifications. I bought the frame off of a friend for $50. all it had was the steering assembly. I had planned on using a gx390, so the engine plate had to be moved up a level, and right about 7" to fit space for the...
  9. mhornfeck72205

Estimate on gx390 clone horspower.

I know you cant be perfectly accurate without a dyno, but I just want to know what i should be expecting out of mod parts on a 390.. not sure what each part is estimated to increase by. any rough estimate is much appreciated. stainless valves ported the ports to a flat smooth transition isky...
  10. mhornfeck72205

Just bought myself a 390, up from a 200.

So I have a 200 w/ all of the mods, mikuni, billet parts, 1.3's, high lift cam, stainless valves+26lbs springs, ported, flat top piston, etc. I just bought myself a 390(i know, its a clone..) which I'm looking to put a lot of work into. Ill be using this on my green extended doodlebug drag bike...
  11. mhornfeck72205

torque converter and new gearing on my green drag bike

Well while I'm waiting for parts for the quadkart, I figured why not install the engine+tav on my bike. I just got a 54t sprocket too so that should be a bit more fun as well. :-) By the time the sun went down I had just finished mounting it so I'll have a video up of it running tomorrow or...
  12. mhornfeck72205

chopped up quad kart build. :-)

So after an incomplete build on my last go kart, and having found a quad frame and 250cc engine for $80, I chopped up the quad, put a riding mower seat in the middle, bent down the steering, threw an engine plate on, and now I'm up to something rideable, but theres stuff I still need to finish...
  13. mhornfeck72205

more engine sputtering woes.. bad valve seats?

Not exactly sure what is the culprit here. I recently changed my custom ground cam profile to close the intake at the bottom of the intake stroke where it had previously been closing half way up the compression stroke(ack!) so now I know the reason why I could run on regular, and why I now...
  14. mhornfeck72205

My new tires for db rims. pics inside

So.. it came today! :-) It was a PAIN to install! Its such a hard rubber that the bead WOULD NOT go around without pulling the rim through to the inside of the tire. I had to eventually lean on a concrete wall, stand on it with all 220lbs of my weight with both feet, and use a crowbar...
  15. mhornfeck72205

Drag bug speed runs! Video!

YouTube - DB-30 Drag Bug - Speed testing with new billet flywheel and 1.2 rockers. Something is up with the quality.. Should look tons better than it does. Anyway, mods are listed in the video. Runs pretty well for whats in it. :-) Very smooth once I pass 40mph. The gearing needs to be...
  16. mhornfeck72205

Affordablegokarts.com not working?

I havent been able to get on in a week or so and I want to see the new stuff that they apparently added(got the e-mail). Anyone else having a hard time?
  17. mhornfeck72205

How do you know you've tuned properly? Mikuni 22

I've tuned my carb to what I believe is correct. I got a good plug reading, I hear no backfiring, and it runs fine. How can I be sure that it is tuned to the best possible? Any tips from people who are good at it?
  18. mhornfeck72205

Current stage of my drag-bug project

I'm almost finished with this now! Woot. I just need to buy myself that billet flywheel, repaint some areas(poor planning and ideas to be done after I painted), buy a new clutch, hydraulic breaks, and i'm set. Since my last post I've: Made a new exhaust pipe Added foot pegs Added a carb brace...
  19. mhornfeck72205

Handheld engine starters? Making mine from a briggs electric start.

Hey all. Just a few questions on engine starters. Did you buy yours or make it yourself? If you bought it, are there any sites to get some ideas from? I'm going to try to assemble my own, on the cheap, to start my engines instead of using a pull start. I have a briggs starter motor with a...
  20. mhornfeck72205

Might possibly sell cylinder tanks..

I've been wondering if it would be of interest to some forum members if I were to make and sell stainless 4"x6" and 4"x12" stainless tube tanks, unless somebody is already doing so. They would cost somewhere between $60 to $85 a piece, depending on size. They'd come with fittings and gas caps...