Search results

1. V

What part of Iowa are you from?

What part of Iowa are you from?
  2. V

Honda GC160

still not running! what a mystery, i'm leaning toward the water pump seizing up. Buying a new one wouldn't be worth it i could buy a new pressure washer.
  3. V

Master Link problem

Call terry bearing on pinellas park Florida they might need a pic or measurement but they have solved all my mysteries
  4. V

wat was the funnyest thing u ever did on ur mini

Got pulled over on the clearwater beach
  5. V

I finished

Cxol wheels it adds to its character enjoy
  6. V

My public apology

First of all who cares about spelling we all come from different backgrounds and have different spelling habits and jeep2003 is right I read his thread with no problem. You don't need to appologize he does
  7. V

Strangest thing

The starter clutch that holds the flywheel make sire that is really tight if its loose and you rev it upthe momentum of theflywheel will shear the key and throw off the timing
  8. V

Honda GC160

thanks I'll check that out and see what happens ill let you know
  9. V

Honda GC160

vent the gaskets are in correctly and as far as the vent goes can it get plugged up in the line or the carb? i dipped the carburetor so the carburetor is clean. i thought maybe the coil was losing spark when it warmed up but it's not and i checked the fuel pump flow and it seems to be pumping...
  10. V

Honda GC160

float the float sets level in the carburetor and i blew through the fuel inlet and moved the float to see if it was sealing and it seemed to be. Unless the float is supposed to set some how other than level. and the float is plastic so it would be hard to adjust it! is it possible the fuel pump...
  11. V

Honda GC160

im getting good flow from the fuel pump to the carb but in the gc 160 carb does the float need to be level like the briggs ones? If so the float is good.
  12. V

question about my gc160

gc 160 I have had a similar problem and i my self was wondering if the pump could put out too much pressure. If the pulse of the engine was getting into the fuel then you'd be getting fuel into the case so that would be it. the case doesn't build pressure.
  13. V

Honda GC160

I have a honda gc160, i don't know if it has oil shut off switch if so where? But the motor does have oil in it but i heard they can be really sensitive. The engine will start and run fine with choke on then once warm whether choke is on or off the engine will start to run rich and spit black...
  14. V

tote gote

I just acquired a model 665 tote gote for free all I had to do was clean the points and put a tube in the rear and I can ride it. The tube however in the rear I need a 5.0/5.8 by 8 tube with a ninety degree valve stem does anyone know where to get one? I also need to know what belt goes on the...
  15. V

Carburator question

pick up tube Jimh is right the long tube pump fuel by diaphragm into the dish then the short tube supplies the carb and it drains excess fuel which at idle the engine doesn't use as much fuel as high speed so at idle more fuel returns to tank
  16. V

HotRod & Mini-Bike Drags-Florida

there I'll be driving up from clearwater and staying the weekend in lakeland and i'll be going on sunday!!! It's going to be fun, i'm bringing the tote gote 30mph. does any one know how strict tech is?
  17. V

6HP Exhaust

I was wondering if anybody has any good ideas for my problem. I have a 1965 6HP which doesn't have the exhaust flange option and someone stripped the threaded exhaust port out so do you have any ideas for fixing this. I don't have a tap that big and can't afford one either. Much appreciated!!!
  18. V

Help! no clutch, but I need to ride my mini bike....

clutch I don't know how much you are getting priced on a 1 inch clutch but I had one I bought at a company in St. Petersburg, Florida called Terry Bearing and it was $27. Now I know that's cheap for a 1" clutch, I bought mine a couple months ago so they may have gone up a couple dollars.
  19. V

My first mini and my first problem

carb the line on the bottom of the carb is the fuel drain, if the bowl has too much gas it'll drain so that line just hangs toward the ground and dumps excess fuel overboard
  20. V

HotRod & Mini-Bike Drags-Florida

Drag Races So are the races for all vintage mini bikes or just mod-bikes. I live in clearwater and I have a 1966 bonham tote gote 665 I was wanting to bring up.