Search results

1. sundries

Bikes all gone. Takin a break for a while.

I just sold my last of four -modified /db30 mini-bikes.:shrug: Built 4 of them with the help of this site and i thank everybody who helped me the past couple of years. Im sure i'll pick another roller frame up at some point to make another! :scooter: Thanks again for the help everybody!!
  2. sundries

baja racer w/sidecar in san antonio

MINI BIKE W/SIDECAR
  3. sundries

want to buy adapter plate for 6.5motor

looking to get an adapter plate. just the plate. unless the bolts are provided too. for a baja racer (doodlebug)
  4. sundries

Found a Baja Racer for $100!!

I sold one of my two modified red DB30s for $400 today!-and drove 30 minutes to pick up a racer (relish) for $100. I was told the pull start broke but i got two new stock DB30 motors sitting in my garage :laugh: The plan is to put a new stock motor on it and flip it.......That is the plan so...
  5. sundries

help please - 6.5 on my doodle die when--

i have 2 db30's and i swapped both out with 6.5 powerhorse 208cc motors a year ago today i changed oil in both. now one of them dies easily when i tilt it to the left. Did i not put enuf oil? i thought i filled up both pretty good and this isnt first time changing oil the other db30...
  6. sundries

sold my mb165 today on cl

I guess if im gonna get closure from selling this thing, i gotta post on this site that im getting rid of it.....It was fun but the footpegs started drooping and the fake gas tank rattled, brakes were noisy and i hated taking that thing apart to mod it. Plus i promised the little girl a go-cart...
  7. sundries

Can I mod a clone to power a light?

like my baja mb165 bike. The light is powered by a cable running into the motor. Can i mod my 6.5 on my doodle to do the same?? here is a pic of the motor and bike
  8. sundries

Baja Bike Day Tomorrow!!

I'm taking my two Baja DB30 6.5 cloned bikes out to the countryside tomorrow for a cousin's baby shower party. Yes, --- a baby shower. But I'll be too busy riding around to pay any attention to the shower :laugh: Just finished re-tightening the motor mounts and chain tension. -This should...
  9. sundries

fixed leak in tank -- now carb is dripping

i patched the gas tank on the honda express and put it back together and took it for a test ride around the block. Then i parked it and when i came back 5 minutes later, there was a puddle of gas and i thought- oh great, the tank patch didnt hold but i poked my finger under the tank and no...
  10. sundries

advice on fixing tiny hole in fuel tank

so i got an old honda express and there is a tiny hole in the tank. my friend said if it was a little smaller i could plug it with pencil lead. any advice?
  11. sundries

picked this up for $25- Anyone know what it is?

A buddy of mine knew i was into motorbikes and such - and he told me he had this old moped looking thing and wanted $25. He said it had run 2 months ago when he bought it but it wont start now.. So i took it home and saw that the fuel line was turned off. So i turned it on and gave it a...
  12. sundries

found this for sale in San Antonio

what make is it? its got a 6.5 clone in it and he wants 400
  13. sundries

I waited a year for this????????

late last year, before i got my first doodlebug, i picked up a mini chopper off cl for $150. It went in to the shop - cuz at that point i still knew nothing about these things. This was also before i found this site. Well I finally got it back today (9 months later) and i'm somewhat...
  14. sundries

Found and ordered some DB30 brake pads--

Found a site on this forum that had a bunch of brake pads in stock! I ordered a few sets. Just wanted to put the word out in case anyone is looking! Disc Brake Pads :: Gas Scooter Brake Pads ::
  15. sundries

Found an old dirtbug @ a pawn shop--

Eating lunch @ Krystal today and noticed a pawn shop in the same strip so I stopped in for a look. They had a yellow Dirtbug on the floor with a $229 price tag on it. Ha Ha.. I studied it a bit (i compare different bugs to check on consistency) and this one had a warped frame. When...
  16. sundries

Question about DB30 brake setup - how to put back together..

I took my brakes off the db30 and opened them up to remove old pads and then this v shaped pin is there and i don't know how it goes back in. I'm not new to the db30 itself , but new to replacing pads and would appreciate any advice or arrows pointing to other threads about this. here's a...
  17. sundries

It was bound to happen sooner or later....

Took one of the DB30s out for an evening ride through the neighborhood and instead of following my usual route- I rode up a street I usually wouldn't. It was still a enclosed set of street blocks like a neighborhood, but on the last leg of the street -(my open garage door was in sight) a black...
  18. sundries

Noisy MB165 Brakes... Remedies???

My MB165 is awesome!! The brakes are noisy and squeaky as hell! Is there a place i put grease or oil or something to quiet the braking action. The brakes work great, they stop the bike okay, but just really :censure: noisy! Hopefully this is an easy fix :hammer:
  19. sundries

Eventful Day - 2 out of 3 bikes are out of commission

Went to a BBQ today and took all 3 bikes with me (2 db30s, mb165) Things were going swell for the most part - then the mb165 snapped its master link on the smaller chain. That bike was out.. Then on one of the last doodlebug laps through the neighborhood, my buddy took a turn too fast and...
  20. sundries

MB165 Wheel assembly question

when i removed the rear wheel there were 2 spacer bushings. One is a little longer than the other. Damned if i cant recall which one went on which side? i can prolly figure it out but if anyone knows of the top of their head -- Thanks!