Search results

1. herringlon

The Landfill 69/70 El Tigre

Looking good. This bike needed the right owner to bring it back
  2. herringlon

Central illinois

Hello. I live in Decatur so I am really just down the road - about 30 miles or so. You are right, I started with one minibike (had when I was a kid) and now have about a dozen! Lon
  3. herringlon

Torque Converter Advice Pls

It is possible (but not super easy) to use the old driven setup if it is in good working order still. The problem is the original setup uses a symmetrical 5/8 top width belt and you cannot just buy a driver anymore that uses a 5/8 top width belt - they are 3/4 now with the more modern 20 series...
  4. herringlon

speedway minicycle

I would not take it apart unless you really need to and want to rebuild it.
  5. herringlon

speedway minicycle

I have taken a couple of speedway jackshafts apart but the only help I can give you is there are driven pins that hold the whole thing together from what I remember. One pin on the outer collar of the fixed half of the pulley and another in the slot of the sliding half. This design seemed to...
  6. herringlon

Terra Mini Bike Roller Hilltopper 1100 or model 1100

thanks lugnut Now i have a pair with enough parts to make one complete one.
  7. herringlon

Terra Mini Bike Roller Hilltopper 1100 or model 1100

Terra for sale Hello, Interested in the terra as I have one but it is missing alot of parts which this one has it seems! I will PM my questions. Thanks, Lon Herring Decatur IL
  8. herringlon

New guy here with a Trail Bronc

I remember seeing that trail bronc on craigslist I think - looks like you are the lucky new owner. I also have a trail bronc and am kinda local (Decatur) so if you got some questions - I could answer them as well. The jackshaft bearing are standard minibike 5/8’’ ones I believe. The band...
  9. herringlon

Soda Blaster?

Harbor Freight has 40 or 50 lbs bags. That is the only place I have found soda in bags that big but have not looked very much as I do not use my blaster much. Heck they are the the Arm and Hammer name brand just like the small boxes for houshold use.
  10. herringlon

Soda Blaster?

I have a harbor freight soda blaster and it works great for engine blocks but would clog up and stop all the time. My solution was to grab my old electric jigsaw (no blade installed) and lock it in the on position and stuck it on the handle of the blaster canister. The vibrations from the saw...
  11. herringlon

HS50 Rebuild

I also rebuilt a hs50 last year just to see if i could get alittle more power out of it as i have a H35 that seemed like it had more power. It was 20 years since I had a small engine apart but they are simple and when you are armed with youtube instructional videos, downloaded spec manuals, and...
  12. herringlon

WTB Comet Clutch cover

BMI Carts have covers for sale - about 28 bucks I think. They are the hard plastic covers that install using tabs from the backing plate.
  13. herringlon

7" Torque converter cover

I used a TAV30 cover from BMI (when I bought mine a few years ago they were only 15 bucks) and cut out the bottom rear plastic to accomidate the larger rear driven. It worked pretty good as the plastic is pretty strong and has not broke yet with only 3 mounting points left after cutting. I...
  14. herringlon

NOS Tecumseh Kick Start

PM sent again. - Thanks
  15. herringlon

Hello, I will take the clutch cover mounting brackets if not already sold. Shipping to 62526...

Hello, I will take the clutch cover mounting brackets if not already sold. Shipping to 62526 quote needed. Thanks, Lon Herring
  16. herringlon

not sure?

The frame is correct the way it is. The only thing I can see wrong is the handle bars are not suppose to be "chopper style".
  17. herringlon

not sure?

It is more than likely a 1973-1975 Harley Z90 which makes it a 2 stroke 90cc 4 speed - if it had an engine. Basically the big tire version of a Harley X90 minibike. Yes they are AMF imported italian made bikes so many argue not real harleys. I have a couple that I am combining to make one...
  18. herringlon

Favorite Mini Bike to Ride

My favorite to ride right now is this Sears I just finshed up. I bought it originally for the engine but thought i would keep it and modify it for the hell of it. I installed a 5 hp tecumseh, suzuki front end, and hydro shocks in the rear so it rides great and has great ground clearance...
  19. herringlon

Wife/girlfriend and minibikes

Mrs. Herring is my wife. Yes she has rode a few. Her experiences are crashing the speedway and burning her leg on the cloned rupp exhaust. She does help me find them on craigslist so I can always have "just one more". :laugh:
  20. herringlon

Converting to a ball bearing crank

I did that with 2 H35 engines i had. I took a ball bearing crank and side cover out of a low compression rupp engine and put it in a engine that was not a ball bearing with a 5/8 inch output shaft. It worked fine - engine runs great.