Search results

1. M

Pitted Intake

I just noticed on this H50 I've been having problems with that the intake is all pitted. There is a long striation along the top leading into the combustion chamber and a pitted area on the left. It almost looks like a bad casting job and they just tried to machine right through it. Or the...
  2. M

Visual spark test

When pull starting, How consistent should the spark be ? mine seems to be intermittent, even if I pull really hard. I've read about blue spark being better than yellow spark. But I'm just wondering if anyone could say how quickly it should be arcing. Thanks if anyone can answer this.
  3. M

Pull Starter Q:

How hard should an H50 be to pull start. I broke 3 pull ropes today. I'd like to think I have really good compression but I'm not sure if that's it.:shrug: When the piston rings are new, does that make a difference ?
  4. M

Big Block or not ?

How do I know if my engine is a big block ?:shrug:
  5. M

Tecumseh magneto/stator

looking to replace my stator plates, but will buy the whole assembely. H50 65242H
  6. M

Magneto and core plate group Q:

My Tecumseh H50 65242H is running rough and I found a good read on checking the coils. Also I want to find out more about the core plate group. My plates seem to have spread apart or fanned out a little and I'm wondering if there is a way to repair it or if it has a huge impact on the firing. My...
  7. M

1972 Herter's Trail 1 Minibike

Replaced Coil and condenser but may need new magneto, Runs Rough Tecumseh H-50 65242h Location: Allentown, PA Asking: $ 700.00
  8. M

1974 Herter"s Trail I parts

where can I get original or parts that will fit my Herter's Trail I. Specifically brake drum pads and components. Light kit parts. Tires . and Seat. and chain and clutch parts.
  9. M

Just Picked

My son picked a classic from a neighbor, not sure what it is , my guess is a Heathkit.
  10. M

Picked a classic

Hi, I,m a newb from PA. My son picked a vintage bike from a neighbor and Im trying to figure out the make. Unfortunately I started to disassemble it before I took the pics.I'm' thinking it might be a Heathkit