Search results

1. Sapper364

Bit by the Doodle Bug

Hey All, I haven't been around for awhile work keeps on travel all the time. Well I ran into a doodle bug that had all the normal symptoms, guy who owned it was frustrated and wanted it out of his garage. So now I have the ARCO, Roper, Bonanza MX and a doodle bug. I took the 3.5 Tecumseh...
  2. Sapper364

Scored 3 Engines

Found 2 Briggs 5HP's and 1 unknown engine. Guy said the oddball was a 10 HP clone, but I don't think so, he had it apart because the exhaust valve and lifter broke. Also the only output shaft is the camshaft, I'm a newbie to this and have never seen that before. The only marking I see so far...
  3. Sapper364

Anybody into Indians?

Found this 1975 Indian, think its a 70cc. I have no need for it, just hated thinking it was going to be scrapped. If anyone is interested in anything on it let me know. I'm not selling it per se, will eventually do the evil bay thing on it. Wanted to give the folks here a look at it before I do.
  4. Sapper364

Saved from the Crusher

Found this while I was out scrounging araound. The guy was about 20 feet away on his bucket loader when I spotted it. It does have the bracket which I assume was for the Hodaka exhaust and a tail light mounted on the rear fender mount (broken), I guess I need to look for...
  5. Sapper364

Intake Manifold

I have a 3 hp Briggs that I want to put a tilly on and need an intake to mount the carb. I don't have the carb yet but am looking at the HL-166C. I have seen this one recommended in the forums.
  6. Sapper364

Does this look right

OK, playing with a Briggs 3 hp (80202), pulled the tank and carb, this does not look like any of the carbs I see in my Manual. all the screws were loose, so I am not sure eveything is there.
  7. Sapper364

Removing Clutch

Any one have a secret weapon for removing a clutch? The clutch is installed sprocket out and one of the set screws just will not break free. I broke one hex key trying to get it to break free. I have been putting penetrating oil on it and still won't budge.
  8. Sapper364

Chopped up Alexander Reynolds

So seems someone had the notion to turn this into a chopper. Would adding more tubing where this is cut give you the right rake?
  9. Sapper364

I think I found a Sears

Well after searching evilbay and craigslist to find that everything is 100-200 miles away, I was driving home, and down the road a self proclaimed junker was having problems with a motorcycle. I stop to see if I can help and notice some distinctive handlebars sticking up from some weeds. I...
  10. Sapper364

Hey All

Hi OldMiniBikes I've been lurking for a few days and think this is a site I will be spending a bit of time on. I do quite a bit of work related travel that limits the time I have at home, but am interested in building some mini's. I tell my wife its going to be for the grandson, he's 2 so need...